SG9663DCPRO - Miscellaneous questions

• Enter settings menu and format the memory card
• Enter settings menu and reset default settings
• Any personalized settings will then need to be re-entered
• If using GPS ensure time is synced before use, (format the memory card again after the time has synced)

*** Memory cards must be formatted in camera before use ***

One more question: Apparently formatting the card is a frequent procedure. Whenever you do something you have to format the card, before and/or after.
Isn't this shortening the card life? Can't we just empty it? (except the initial format, of course)

Format the card, don't just delete the files, you could format it everyday and still not live long enough to wear it out from doing that, formatting in the camera just resets the file allocation table

The procedure are pretty much the same for any camera, so not SG cameras that are particular tricky to work with.

I use a old smaller memory card ( 4 - 8 - 16 GB ) to update with, i never use the recording card to install new firmware, using the smaller card i then go thru all the after new firmware steps, and then i shut down and put in the normal day 2 day recording card,,,,,, and i think some times i have not remembered to format that too.

I think many of us while we have many cameras in the car and still do not update firmvare that often, well we still pray there will be some way for the camera to remember the settings so we dont have to redo those again, though it is not very many things to do.
I set:

time zone - best image quality - recording length if 3 min are not default - LCD time off i use longest time with new test cameras but then after that i use lowest time so the LCD can go dark fast.

Only redid my time zone yesterday though it changed a few days ago,,,,, it dont really matter much to me if the time are off.

Back