SG9663DCPRO - Miscellaneous questions

actualvane

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Sometimes, the B file has this blue line on the side. Has anyone any experience with what causes it and what is the remedy?

1562008745649.png

Just the thin line ? not more of the picture missing.

I have not seen this in my camera but it is also the old regular DC i have.

As SGUSA say i would try other players, is that from the street guardian dashcam player ??

I would try just regular media players and see if its there too.

But as you say if its only there some times, that do sound a little strange.

I am and I've uploaded. :)
Thank you !

Correct!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Does this have to do with the alignment of the lens with sensor or is it something else? I see a similar line on my A119 V2 when set to 1080p.

Another issue: Gentlemen, how's your audio? Mine is hissing very strong, especially when the environment is quiet. Sounds like an automatic gain control who lost control and amplifies significantly any white noise.
Engine sound which is so low that make you think it was stopped by start/stop, is amplified so much that resembles an Akrapovič motorcycle exhaust.
If you turn the music up everything sounds better, that hiss becomes very low and the engine sound it's reasonable.

Few notes before upload:
  1. The camera records low volume as a general rule. Please see the pictures. I don't know if this is bad or good because door slams and own camera button pressing would be clipped/distorted if the general volume is higher;
  2. Anyway a hiss/static noise is recorded even when is absolute silence in the car. See its frequency analisis and i'll also update the audio file;
  3. Here comes the funny part: I use a player that can delete the running video (very useful when you review de footages and keep only what you want) which has a strange default setting: "normalize audio". that means that during the absolute silence that small hiss is amplified up to a loud music volume. That's why I've asked the question above. The hiss volume is actually quite low and not very disturbing. I don't know if this is a real problem. I'll upload the sample anyway.
Thank you.

Attachments

• Audio.png
    Audio.png
    265.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 2019-07-06 (5).png
    2019-07-06 (5).png
    149.6 KB · Views: 17
noise floor sounds normal for the camera, might be best not to use the normalise audio function, also hope you're doing that random deletion of files after copying them locally and not doing that to files on the memory card, deleting files from the card ad-hoc can cause problems

I was terribly surprised by the normalizing effect.
Without it the noise floor is OK, indeed.
Sometimes I delete files directly from de uSD, thank you for warning me!

I have 2 more questions, please advise:
1. Only the REC button is backlighted?
2. What are the reccomended EV settings for night? I can't see the car numbers unless the street lighting is extremely good.

yes only the REC button lights up

default EV settings are what most use but the adjustment is there in case you want to adjust to suit your own preferences

plates can be problematic at night, if not for the lack of light then too much from your own headlights hitting reflective plates.

Gentlemen, I'm sure in 6 years or maybe more (I've seen old topics about this) there are some best practices here. I can spend a night roaming on the streets playing with the various settings combinations or the veterans can share their experience.
BTW: It's not only about the license plates. It's about getting an overall better night filming.

BTW: It's not only about the license plates. It's about getting an overall better night filming.

get a few huge LED spot lights and mount on ya car, that will make it look like day time.
im just being stupid tonight aint i.

Back