SG9663DCPRO Parking Mode 24-Hour Limit

DashCamOnBoard

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone know if there's been any new firmwaers to get rid of this limit? I wish we could just let parking mode be always on. I don't always drive everyday and there's been a couple times where I wanted to get video but it stopped. Thanks.

I am not much into the parking mode side of dashcams, but 24 hours sound like a long time, though a system on a good battery could probably do more than that.
Aint there a OFF setting for the timer so its just up to the low voltage cut off ? ( i cant remember as i just set 1 hour on the DR system i was given to beat on )
with a low voltage cut off alsp precent in the hard wire kit one would think there wouldn't absolutely have to be a need for a timer also ( unless like you want to )

I do miss not having a CCTV camera on my car where it is parked, but ATM i am channeling money in other directions.
24 H between me driving are also not uncommon, but several days will not happen, and surely not on the measly little battery in my 2012 car.

Aye, bummer. Would be a nice-to-have. Just out of curiosity, is there any technical reason for the limit?

we may add a longer option later, not certain yet, we're updating to a new SDK soon to facilitate some other changes that are higher priority right now, will see where we're at and what's possible after we go to the new SDK

SDK = software development kit. It's a set of structured 'commends' given by the processor manufacturer to the users of their chips that allows them to select how they want their devices to work. New SDK's are like computer OS upgrades, adding functionality and reducing discovered bugs. The more advanced SDK's cost the cam manufacturer more than the basic ones which is why you can get different results from different manufacturers all using the same processor and sensor combinations.

Phil

Hey, just checking back. Are we any closer to nixing the 24-hour limit?

It's actually gotten to be a real inconvenience as there's many times where there's missing video that I wanted because of the 24-hour timeout.

right now we are evaluating a battery pack (similar to Cellink Neo) as an option, if we go with that then longer parking options will be looked at for all the models that support parking mode

Back