SG9663DCPRO Purchase and Install?

striptorn

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I am in Canada: seems the streetguardiancanada.ca web site has the SG9663DCPRO cheaper than Amazon.ca ... so am I safe to buy it from that site? I assume that is just another reseller.

Also what is length of cable provided to connect the second/rear camera to the main body at the front?
I assume this cable also powers the rear camera and power in goes only to the front camera - is that correct?

Finalling, is there any documentation available about the wiring details/options?
I want to install this in a new 2019 RAV4 Hybrid.
My current car (a Ford) has a front-only dashcam powered from an always-on 12V outlet.
The new RAV4 is more typical: the 12V outlet is not powered when the car is parked.
I am wondering how one powers the device when parked?
(Does this unit even have a parking mode?)
I am assuming I will have to do some custom wiring of some kind.
Any pointers appreciated!

has parking mode if you use the SGDCHW

camera comes with 2 cables for rear camera, 3.5m and 6m, use whichever is appropriate for your install, we have other options available also but those 2 cables cover most situations

@Street Guardian Canada is the distributor there, cheaper to buy directly as it avoids the Amazon fees

I am in Canada: seems the streetguardiancanada.ca web site has the SG9663DCPRO cheaper than Amazon.ca ... so am I safe to buy it from that site? I assume that is just another reseller.

Also what is length of cable provided to connect the second/rear camera to the main body at the front?
I assume this cable also powers the rear camera and power in goes only to the front camera - is that correct?

Finalling, is there any documentation available about the wiring details/options?
I want to install this in a new 2019 RAV4 Hybrid.
My current car (a Ford) has a front-only dashcam powered from an always-on 12V outlet.
The new RAV4 is more typical: the 12V outlet is not powered when the car is parked.
I am wondering how one powers the device when parked?
(Does this unit even have a parking mode?)
I am assuming I will have to do some custom wiring of some kind.
Any pointers appreciated!

Hello,

I'm on Texas and I am doing the same setup in my 2017 Tundra, let me know if you get any info and tips, I'll do the same! ;)(y)

Thanks!
Just need to figure out fuse type: don’t pick up vehicle until Friday.

Geno: looks like (from reading up on the kit) the parking kit taps TWO power sources - switched for normal use and (via fuse piggy-back) unswitched power for parking mode that (a) uses time lapse mode I believe and (b) monitors battery voltage and cuts out when it drops too low to prevent killing the battery

Thanks!
Just need to figure out fuse type: don’t pick up vehicle until Friday.

Geno: looks like (from reading up on the kit) the parking kit taps TWO power sources - switched for normal use and (via fuse piggy-back) unswitched power for parking mode that (a) uses time lapse mode I believe and (b) monitors battery voltage and cuts out when it drops too low to prevent killing the battery

Thanks buddy,

Nice SUV, my daughter just got a 2019 RAV4 as well and loves it! Also love you avatar!

PS: GO BRUINS, game #7!

Thanks buddy,

Nice SUV, my daughter just got a 2019 RAV4 as well and loves it! Also love you avatar!

PS: GO BRUINS, game #7!
Looking forward to picking up the RAV and love that the much-cheaper-to-run hybrid that we chose is now such a small premium to gas.

The avatar is cool: from a photo I took at the Toronto Zoo many years ago.

Looking forward to picking up the RAV and love that the much-cheaper-to-run hybrid that we chose is now such a small premium to gas.
as long as you get rid of it by the time warranty expires else if battery fails your "much-cheaper-to-run hybrid" maybe a "much-more-expensive-to-run long term hybrid"

I saw a YT video of a guy putting a new battery into a Prius, not too bad of a job for a person with a few tools and a little DIY skill.
And he did make money flipping that car too as far as i remember.

I saw a YT video of a guy putting a new battery into a Prius, not too bad of a job for a person with a few tools and a little DIY skill.
And he did make money flipping that car too as far as i remember.

I watched the same video, not difficult as all, just time consuming

Yeah i would attempt that in a heartbeat, and while i have sailed as a engineer on ships 2 times, then really i am not a engineer, and i am probably also not that smart after all when it come to many things.
But a Prius battery pack swap i am sure i could handle.

what are batteries worth though? ive been told around the $5k mark.

interesting, i thought they were all one complete battery but they are modules.

Yep that was the video, i would rather watch stuff like that than any so called reality show on TV.
Just imagine if all people used the internet to get wiser, but sadly its the other way around.

Back