SG9663DCPRO+ Rear Camera Blue Hue

Nidia

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello! :)

I just recently purchased the SG9663DCPRO+. It's my first dashcam and it's great!
I checked my recording today and my rear camera turned blue all of a sudden.
I just came from a tunnel and it was like that for about 10-15mins until I went through
an overpass and it went back to normal. I have no CPL filter on my rear cam.
Is this normal? :S

Here is the video

Hey Jokiin! :)

Yes it is tinted.
Sure, I'll send them through in a bit.

Thank you!

Hello! :)

I just recently purchased the SG9663DCPRO+. It's my first dashcam and it's great!
I checked my recording today and my rear camera turned blue all of a sudden.
I just came from a tunnel and it was like that for about 10-15mins until I went through
an overpass and it went back to normal. I have no CPL filter on my rear cam.
Is this normal? :S

Here is the video

Weird, looks like the lens tried to adjust to light while under the tunnel, and didn't adjust back until further down the road. Probably a software glitch? Has this happened since or after this one instance?

Weird, looks like the lens tried to adjust to light while under the tunnel, and didn't adjust back until further down the road. Probably a software glitch? Has this happened since or after this one instance?
It happened again today and went back to normal after about 10mins. :(

It happened again today :(
it will depend on lighting, if you drive through the same tunnel you will likely be able to replicate the issue, it is something that is addressable in the firmware though, we do have image quality related adjustments to come in an upcoming firmware release and will add this to the list

Yeah this behavior are not uncommon, it can also vary in color between a more yellow ( warm ) color and as here blue ( cold ) this depend on how the maker set up their system and i also i assume what hardware are in use.
But normally this should change back pretty fast.

Some times fixing one thing mean a bug with another thing creep in, i have seen this with all the systems i have handled over time in all price brackets of the market.
Good thing is SG are the quick ones to address problems, many others wouldn't even bother.

No tunnels here, also no sunshine at least this time of the year so rare i see this, or have a chance to replicate this .

It happened again today :(

Same Tunnel or Similar Lighting Conditions as before? Chances are the software and/or lens is having difficulty adjusting to the various lighting. This may be addressable in a firmware update. Provide @jokiin with files and he is certain to address the issue, if it's a glitch. Street Guardian is one of those companies who take pride in their reputation as @jokiin has shown in his responses.

Please provide @jokiin with the files requested so he and street guardian engineers can address your issue.

Same Tunnel or Similar Lighting Conditions as before? Chances are the software and/or lens is having difficulty adjusting to the various lighting. This may be addressable in a firmware update. Provide @jokiin with files and he is certain to address the issue, if it's a glitch. Street Guardian is one of those companies who take pride in their reputation as @jokiin has shown in his responses.

Please provide @jokiin with the files requested so he and street guardian engineers can address your issue.
Yes I drive through the same tunnel everyday after work.
Thanks so much for the info guys! :)

Back