SG9663DCPRO Rear Camera Not Registering - Out of Options Now

xyz123

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,

About a month ago, my rear camera for my SG9663DCPRO stopped registering and displaying on my main camera (consistently). Since then, it had popped up every now and then, but after the car turns off for a period of time, it also goes away. I thought it would have been the wire, but I've checked it using a different wire and no luck. Then I thought it was the rear camera itself, where I went ahead and bought a replacement rear camera and tried that out with the old wire, and the new wire and it still does not register. I've tried reformatting the SD, replacing the SD card, restarting the camera and restoring default settings.

I am basically out of options now and not sure what I can do moving forward. My camera literally just passed the 2 year warranty mark in March of this year, so unfortunately for me, that is not an option. Firmware Version is DCPRO190315V1.10 if that helps in anyway.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you in advance.

Hopefully they can resolve this issue, as I have already contacted them on their main website's customer support and they have not provided any troubleshooting ideas. Thank you for tagging street guardian into this post!

Hi it sounds like something happened to the rear port on the main front DashCam. (Very rare but possible) I’ll send you a special unadvertised private link to buy a discounted main front camera only. Check your DashCamTalk PM inbox shortly. I asked what your email was there as well to look up any support messages you might’ve sent in. We’ve responded to everything we’ve received today so far though within minutes.

Hi it sounds like something happened to the rear port on the main front DashCam. (Very rare but possible) I’ll send you a special unadvertised private link to buy a discounted main front camera only. Check your DashCamTalk PM inbox shortly
Hi, I have already bought the rear camera, and would not be able to use it (if the main camera is faulty). My last resort would be to buy another part of the setup.

Is there any troubleshooting ideas I can try to pinpoint the technical issue?

You’re welcome to send the rear camera back yo our Florida office and I will refund that order. There is no troubleshooting if the port is broken it would involve some very tiny soldering skills to the PCB not feasible out of the factory.

You’re welcome to send the rear camera back yo our Florida office and I will refund that order. There is no troubleshooting if the port is broken it would involve some very tiny soldering skills to the PCB not feasible out of the factory.
will I be able to get a return label for the rear camera?

If you’re buying a new front camera I can arrange that no problem. Send your details via the private message thread I started. (DashCamTalk inbox)

Back