SG9663DCPRO recorded video all night long while car was turned off

NARider

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Current: SG9667DC2K Previous: SG9663DCPRO
SG9663DCPRO with 256 GB High Endurance MicroSD, SG9663DC (rear camera) with 6.5 m cable, SG9663DC Hardwire Kit, Firmware version DCPRO200416V1.17

I haven't needed to check my recordings recently because we have been driving very little, but out of curiosity I thought I'd look at them today. I was quite surprised to find 506 files in a 12 hour period overnight (8:52 PM 30Dec20 to 9:27 AM 31Dec20). The dash cam had been running through the night in normal driving-recording video mode (3 minute loops, one file for front camera, one file for rear camera) while the car (2016 Honda CR-V) was parked in my driveway. The car had not been running and the ignition was not in 'Accessory' mode (which enables the dash cam) or in 'On' mode. In addition, the car automatically turns off if it is left in 'Accessory' or 'On' position for more than an hour, so I don't think that's what caused the camera to be recording. It stopped recording at 9:27 AM 31Dec20 for no apparent reason. There was no indication of a high-G impact to trigger the recording and there were no 'emergency files' in a separate folder.

The cam could have started recording before 8:52 PM 30Dec20 but the older files would have been overwritten as newer files were created. The last time we had driven the car was 2 days earlier. As far as I know we've never had this happen in the six months that we've had the camera. The parking mode (5 fps time lapse) has worked fine and always shut off after 30 minutes. The next time we drove the car (and the camera recorded video correctly) was at 4:53 PM later that day (31Dec). The parking time-lapse recorded for 30 minutes then stopped as it should. The camera and parking time-lapse again worked correctly when we drove the car two days later. I will monitor the camera's behavior the next time we drive, whenever that is given our current COVID-19 stay-at-home situation.

2016 CR-V, fuse 14 (Seat Heaters) for Battery (yellow wire, unswitched) and fuse 19 (ACC) for Accessory (red wire, switched).

2016 CR-V, fuse 14 (Seat Heaters) for Battery (yellow wire, unswitched) and fuse 19 (ACC) for Accessory (red wire, switched).
ok thanks, will get our tech to look up your vehicle, yours is CAN-BUS so there are circuits that can get activated by the computer when the car is off

Thanks for looking into it. I checked with my wife who drove it the last time before this event, thinking that maybe the seat heaters might have been left on when she turned off the car which might have affected the camera. However, she said it was a warm day and she definitely did not have the seat heaters turned on.

Wow, thanks for the quick response! I'll try 41 for B+ tomorrow.

If you still notice any anomalies let me know in case we need to send you a replacement hardwire kit

FYI, I changed the B+ to fuse 41 and everything seems to be working properly. I took it for a short drive then parked it. The camera recorded video properly while driving then recorded 30 minutes of time-lapse parking, as it should. I have formated the SD card and I'll check over the next few days to see if there are any issues. Thanks for your help.

One more watching eye ( in the hands of good honest people ) watching the streets of "Bama" (y)

Back