SG9663DCPRO+ Reset Password

Llethander

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So I just bought the 9663DCPro+ and was in the process of setting it up. Fired up the app, connected the WiFi, figured that 12345678 wasn't the most secure password so decided to change it.

Welp, long story short apparently "wsh9%4u9b3R%FJ " is not a password that the cam likes.

As soon as I saved the password it asked me to reconnect to the camera. The password as displayed on screen shows as "wsh9 9b3R" and entering this doesn't work. Entering the password as it was set in the app doesn't work. Factory reset doesn't reset the WiFi password back to 12345678.

I'm stuck, please help!

Alright, I'll give that a shot.

I was gonna try and update firmware using the app but got stuck on the password bit. Ironically, I found the firmware update instructions (download & add to empty SD card) and was just about to do that so I likely would have fixed the issue myself in about 10 minutes, haha.

Thank you very much!

Ah, I see. I got the Pro+ because it's my understanding that the Pro doesn't have Buffered Parking Mode as an option and the Pro+ version does. What I was reading, though, was saying that it needed a firmware update to be able to use it.

I assume that was old information intended for folks who bought the cam prior to the firmware update and those who buy new now don't have to jump through that extra hoop?

We don't do buffered recording, that is something used to try and make motion detection more reliable, and we don't use motion detection

It's low bitrate or time-lapse for the parking mode

Ah, that's fair. Buffered is more likely to miss something, after all. I was probably thinking Low Bitrate but typed Buffered Parking for whatever reason, haha.

Thanks again for the assist. This will teach to me to be more attentive and actually read the "...does not allow special characters" warning.

Last edited:
I also have the G - sensor on while parked, just to be on the safe side, any shunts and it will lock things away and act as a marker, otherwise if you have been parked for 8 hours and get back to a dented car, no telling how much footage you will have to sit thru to find the actual event.

A plenty large memory card is also highly recommended when using parking guard, i do 128 GB for regular cameras, but the ones with parking guard enabled 256GB i feel are a must.

That actually makes a lot of sense. I was mostly concerned about draining my battery as I park on the street overnight (I got the hardwire kit with voltage cut-off) but, since I park on the street, the G-sensor will be an absolute must.

I was only able to afford a 128GB card at the time of purchase but I will definitely be upgrading it in the future. 10-13 hours, technically more when it switches to low-bitrate mode while parked, is distinctly better than what I would get off the 32GB card I had in my old cam.

The low bitrate files just go in between the regular files, but they are easy to spot on the PC as they are a lot smaller ( 118 MB VS 350 MB or so for the highest bitrate regular recordings )
These parking files are treated as regular files so will also be deleted when they are the oldest ones, but a well dimension ed memory card should make sure it is not something that happen constantly.
A G - sensor activated file of course go to the RO folder for safe keeping, this are still low bitrate files but as long as you are not parked at the side of a motorway when you get sideswiped it should give a good chance of a plate capture if it is daylight.
Night time,,,,, anything of course have its limitations set forth by the hardware currently in use in dashcams.

I made this with my SG9663DR camera at the side of a 60 km/h road in town.

I forgot to add above i record in 3 minute segments.

I am also just testing parking guard as it have become a popular option, i dont personally feel much need for it so to conserve my car battery i generally just use it for 1 hour on the timer in the camera.
At home i have a CCTV camera on my 2 floor balcony door zoomed in on my car parked in the back yard.

This pic is zoomed all the way out, i am normally zoomed in so close its just my car in the frame + a M or so off the driver side door, the IP camera are smart so i do not get notifications on my tablet / phone unless it is something car or human shaped, rain - cats - hedgehogs and what not do not trigger the CCTV cameras smart motion detection,,,,,,, which is nice cuz i have my tablet on my bedside table.

cooking.jpg

Back