SG9663DCPRO+ Saves the Day

Llethander

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Hit & Run happened about 20 minutes before I left for work. Had to pull the SD card so it didn't get overwritten since I didn't know when it happened and I've only got a 128GB card in it.

Then spent 4 hours after I got home scrubbing through 8 hours of recorded footage until I found this. Got a beautifully clear picture of the license plate and vehicle details. Submitted to ICBC and now just waiting to hear back. Looks pretty definitive to me.

Vehicle details - Copy.pngPXL_20210917_002754730 - Copy.jpgPXL_20210917_002749230 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Nice :cool: that is that you got a usable footage.
Are you using low bitrate in parking mode ?

The Parking Mode (parking monitor) 30FPS setting records full motion video with audio but at half the bitrate of regular recording.

Nice :cool: that is that you got a usable footage.
Are you using low bitrate in parking mode ?

Yeah, it's low-bitrate parking mode. Drops the file size of each file from ~450MB to ~120MB which is necessary because I only have a 128GB SD Card.

Last edited:
I have G- sensor on too, but unsure if this kind of accident will be enough to trigger that, it is of course on maximum sensitivity.
Works like a charm on my DR though the G sensor of course then only save low bitrate footage as it cant change pace to regular settings, but that is also just fine the main thing is to have things locked in a safe place ( RO folder )
Using G sensor too if it have been triggered, also prevent having to look thru a lot of not interesting footage to find the event.

Okay my DR would not have detected it as i found out, with its "install" not to anything rigid, G forces cant really travel to the main unit to be detected, but drop a matchstick on the main unit and it is detected.
I think this need to be highlighted in the DR manual as some like me will not install it it rigid / to something rigid, mine is draped in the wires over the transmission tunnel in front of the gear leaver, some i assume will put it in the glove box and just have it "slide" around in there, even if the DR come with good mounting kit.

Yeah my DR do 350 MB for 3 minute files in regular mode, and 128MB in low bitrate recordings. a substantial saving.

Yeah. G-sensor wasn't sensitive enough to detect this, but I don't think that's bad because otherwise it'd be going off from every bump in the road, haha.

My DR model have "2" G sensors, the one for driving, which i have set to off, and then the one for parking which i have set to high.
I would assume your camera was much the same as it and my SG9663DR are much the same at least on the hardware.
I hope the guy get a 2X slap for leaving the scene, it is a cultural trait i would rather not see being prevalent in my country / society.

I like to leave Parking Mode G-Sensor set to high. (default is medium) regular G-Sensor the default is low|
(two different settings)

Back