SG9663DCPRO+ video review with low light sample footage. Anyone else using this dashcam?

Strange_Hitbox

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I recently had the DCPro+ put into my '07 Corolla (yes, it's an older car but I'll be damned if she doesn't run like a dream). Spent many weeks gathering footage and really testing it out while I put this YT video review together.

A few things worth noting:
  • Low light footage is the best I've ever seen. I've owned the SG9665GC v2 and the SGGCX2PRO, and now the DCPro+. In the most pitch black conditions you can spot vehicle makes + models. In all other conditions plate numbers appear nice and clearly.
  • Bigger buttons and screen than previous gen models, which is nice
  • Polarizing filter is helpful in reducing windshield glare
  • Ultra wide angle. Widest I've ever seen out of all the SG dashcams I've ever owned.
  • Menu navigation is still its weakest point, IMHO. Not a deal-breaker, though
  • Still no backlit buttons. Sad face.
Otherwise this dashcam is a definite improvement over the previous gens. Anyone else running this dashcam in their vehicles?

Nice review thanks for that.

FYI about Menu navigation: I wanted to share more info on why we don’t have one short touch of the menu button to enter the menus. (so anyone seeing this understand)

It’s a long press to enter the menu as we want it to be an intentional decision when someone accesses the menus.

You touched on the reason we do this when you mention the high-stress situation, the last thing we want is someone reaching for the emergency button and hitting the menu button by mistake and causing the camera to stop recording right when they need it the most, just wanted you to understand the logic behind why we set it up the way we did, nice review though, very professional and we like your presentation style.

Night Performance will be improved further with our next firmware release. Check out the before and after WDR on/off examples in the following threads. (changes will come to all Street Guardian IMX291 products)

Night Performance will be improved further with our next firmware release. Check out the before and after WDR on/off examples in the following threads. (changes will come to all Street Guardian IMX291 products)

You're the only dashcam company I've bought from whose dashcams are continually supported with firmware updates! Keep up the awesome work.

Back