SG9663DCPRO VS SG9663DC

CRS 123

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’ve owned the SG9663DC for quite some time and have been pleased. That being said, I’m somewhat of a gadget geek with an eye always towards upgrading. Is the video quality noticeably improved with the newer DC PRO? Has the firmware been optimized to take advantage of the 60 FPS? I’m just curious as to whether the difference would warrant an upgrade...knowing that this question is somewhat subjective. Also, it would be handy to just switch camera modules and use my existing mounts and cables if possible. Thanks for any feedback.
CRS

It’s basically a firmware difference. There are always incremental improvements made between productions and it’s been two years. (Updated lens since then)

DC Pro uses the Sony IMX291 sensor in the included rear camera. (DC uses IMX323)

There is a new waterproof rear camera option that uses the Sony IMX323 sensor.

There is a special firmware conversion process to update a SG9663DCPRO to SG9663DC to be compatible with IMX323.

main difference is in the rear camera, there's some other minor differences but I don't know that it's enough to warrant updating

Thanks for the information. The camera has been working fine. I'm on the latest firmware ver. Occasionally though, the camera's firmware will become corrupted and I have to re-load the firmware. For this purpose I keep a card with a firmware file on it handy. I"ve also been having difficulty with the camera holding the correct time. I set it, and then enter the timezone offset, which I believe is GMT -7 for LOs Angeles Calif. but it doesn't seem to hold the time. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
CRS

That sound out of the ordinary, you might consider to get that camera swapped out, cuz you should not have to reload firmwares due to them getting wonky, i have just tried this one time myself ( also with a SG camera ) but that 1 reload of firmware fixed that camera permanently, and since i have only done upgrades if there was a new one out.
Time zone should also be kept, so you only have to adjust if you have daylight savings in operation in CALI.

What about GPS / speed in the footage do that also come and go ? you can once in a while loose GPS, but really its not something that should happen multiple times in a day.

I"ve also been having difficulty with the camera holding the correct time. I set it, and then enter the timezone offset, which I believe is GMT -7 for LOs Angeles Calif. but it doesn't seem to hold the time. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
can you elaborate on what's been happening with the time?

can you elaborate on what's been happening with the time?
I'll get a bit more concrete data on the time thing and get back to you. The firmware corruption has only happened two or three times. I suspect it may be an occasional voltage issue at start up, as I have always used the 12V plug-in. Thank you for your input.
CRS

I'll get a bit more concrete data on the time thing and get back to you. The firmware corruption has only happened two or three times. I suspect it may be an occasional voltage issue at start up, as I have always used the 12V plug-in. Thank you for your input.
CRS
let me know the serial number of your camera if you can also

Back