SG9663DCPRO was shipped

DennisKwong

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just got an email the cam was shipped and will be at my door anytime today. Have been watching the forums since 2 days ago and decided to placed the order. Really don't expect I will receive it today although the hardwire kit will be shipped tomorrow. Can wait to put it up in my car.

Regarding the Dashcam viewer, do I need to install the codec pack as well and which one to install first? I have a pc with Win 10 64 bits.
Thanks

You usually won’t have good results without the codec pack installed. Order of installation doesn’t matter. Enjoy

If you don't bother with the GPS stuff, then any PC player should also play the video just fine.
Personally i dont really use a dedicated dashcam player anymore, but since SG provide a excellent one, then i of course have it, just rare i use it.

Received the Cam tonight. I accidentally attached the base to the camera. It is very tight fit and I could not detached it from the base. Please advise how I could do it before install to my vehicle. Thanks

Received the Cam tonight. I accidentally attached the base to the camera. It is very tight fit and I could not detached it from the base. Please advise how I could do it before install to my vehicle. Thanks

Thanks

End up I put the camera together with the mount on the front glass and secured with tape to let it settled in for an hour. Then hooked up the hardwire kit with the yellow battery wire connected with Door Lock fuse 15A and the red ACC wire with Accessory power outlet 20A. The front camera works perfectly. I have to drive and stop at different locations everyday. Everytime the cam gave 2 beeps to start recording when I started driving and 2 beeps again after I parked and turned off my vehicle to the parking mode. Had mounted the back camera and will hook it up later today when I got some times.
So far so good and the customer services are amazing.

Back