SG9663DCPRO: Why does it beep when i connect to WIFI?

SarniaBob

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I just received 2 of these and all was going well until I tried to see what the SG App is all about. I followed the instructions in the Cam User manual: Press the power button to stop recording and connect to wifi. Screen then shows that it is connected to wifi ok, but now there is this annoying beep beep, beep beep. Why? How do I stop it? I have the GPS module and the rear camera connected. I also have them connected to house power outlet with 5V adapter. Any suggestions anyone?

It should stop beeping as soon as you’ve made a successful connection from your phone to the camera via WiFi. When you launch the app are you able to view and change settings etc? I’ve never seen it beep after a successful connection is made.

Thank you. I actually only got as far as connecting the camera to the wifi. With your reply I connected the camera to my phone and the beeping stopped. I will now figure out how the App works.

So far so good. I have the cameras working in my wife's car and she went shopping to test them out. I failed to tell her that there is a screen saver so when the screen went blank she thought something was wrong so she pressed a few buttons. (she has no idea how it all works). What she did was send two pairs of A/B videos to the lock file. (that's ok, that proves the lock button works) but she also created a pair of still photos. How did she do that? I don't see anything in the users manual about taking still photos. Can anyone please tell me which buttons she would have pushed for that function to work.
Another question is regarding the GPS unit - Does it matter which way I mount it on the windscreen. I have the wire upwards into the head liner. The reason I ask is because the speed at the top of the viewer screen do not coincide with that shown at the bottom of the screen next to the plate number. The speed at the top of the screen shows ~30kph while backing out of the driveway. Perhaps this has something to do with searching for the satellite, but here is also a discrepancy during normal travel especially when slowing down and accelerating.

Each time when pressing emergency button the files locks and at the same time still photo is taken. It can be used later on as a reference point to find needed time frame.
Supplied GPS antenna need to be mounted with GPS logo facing dash.

If you mount GPS on the dash, i think it are still possible to flip the hardware inside so you can have the GPS molding facing up, but if you have not done that then the GPS must face down.

correct me if i am wrong.

04a81a47cf1f6895be51ba95a146f6fb.jpg

On the other hand i think now the wire on the GPS mouse are probably too short to reach all the way down to the dashboard.
so windscreen install it is,,,,, and that's also just fine in one of the upper corners.

Thanks for the info about the saved photos. On my old DODs there was a dedicated photo mode to enable the shutter for a single pic.
It is a windshield mount module. I mounted it on the windshield, top corner passenger side where it supposed to be. The GPS logo is thus UPSIDE DOWN and the wire comes out of the upper side straight into the roof liner. Is this acceptable? Does it really matter which way up it goes?

OK !!! It looks like I've installed it all correctly and it takes videos.
What I don't understand is when I run the videos through the SG Viewer why do I get different speed readings at the top and bottom of the display panel.
eg. At a stop sign the bottom reading was obviously 0 kph but the top reading was 52 kph. That is just one example. I would attach a video file but I don't think it would show up in SG Viewer format.

I tried to send some files with "We Transfer" but have not received a verification email, so far.

Can also use other file sharing services like Google Drive, MegaNZ, or similar. You can PM the links to him or post the links on this thread. Be sure proper user permissions (if there are any) are selected as some of these services default to 'private' viewing only.

Phil

I have a video I need to post. It is on my desktop and also in My Drive. Can someone tell me how to get it onto a post or to someones email.

You can also share your file via G drive ( if you have a google account / gmail ) Microsoft also have a similar option if you are signed into your windows ( i cant recall what microsoft call it )

I guess that was a failure. Google Drive needs an email address of the intended viewer. I'm not sure how the works with a forum post.

Back