SG9663DCPRO Wifi Help

Kristen

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi there
Ill first start by saying I have had this dash cam since probably Aug 2021 (its all blur around that time) and I actually hate it with a passion. Its not user friendly, its definitely not set and forget and I'm currently saving to replace with something else
In the meantime
It now not connecting using its internal wifi to my phone (or anybody else's phone) - I Have to now take card out to view any recordings
(This is just that latest in a long list of issues that I have gone back to installer to help with but I'm so sick of going there - we're now on a first name, send text messages basis)
Please help before I just disconnect and throw the damn thing away
Thanks

thank you, will do and yes firmware 1.17. Have tried connecting to two iPhones, one android phone and an iPad all saying the same thing "no internet connection" but Street Guardian saying connected. But app keeps kicking me back to internet connection. Have reset all phone, turned off all internet security on phones and iPad and VPN (whatever the hell that is)
I don't know what you mean by which fuse slots are tapped

Attachments

• IMG_8231.jpg
    IMG_8231.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8234.jpg
    IMG_8234.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 7
thank you, will do and yes firmware 1.17. Have tried connecting to two iPhones, one android phone and an iPad all saying the same thing "no internet connection" but Street Guardian saying connected. But app keeps kicking me back to internet connection. Have reset all phone, turned off all internet security on phones and iPad and VPN (whatever the hell that is)
I don't know what you mean by which fuse slots are tapped

Hi Kristen,

First off the internet connection isn't really a connection per say. It's an intranet. Meaning your phone is connecting to the camera. So when you connect to a dashcam via wifi, it will definitely say no internet connection. This is normal.

1. Step one is to enable the Wifi on the Camera.

2. Step two is to connect to that wifi connection with your phone. Enter the necessary password to make the connection. In this case the SG9663DCPRO with the check mark next to it.

1642577248062.png

3. You need to download the street guardian app to your phone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.streetguardian.streetguardian&hl=en_US&gl=US

4. Once the app has downloaded to your phone, open it and then click Connect to Camera. You should now be able to navigate and view the live image and files stored on the camera's SD card.

1642577168510.png

Last edited:
Yep did all of the above. End of the day I went to installer (again) and he disconnected power, reconnected and it worked. Now I’m searching the site for a replacement.
Thanks everyone for helping

It is possible to some times get a dud, or do something that create a unique situation, i myself have a SG camera ( SG9663DR test sample i was sent ) and we ( me and the old boss of SG ) have worked on solving the wifi problem, but just can not do it.
So i somehow managed to ruin WIFI on the camera, cuz it is there alright, but i just can not connect to it anymore, something that was easy to do in the first weeks of testing.
Old boss also offered to send me a new test sample but i turned it down as the camera otherwise work fine so i feel i can still do valid testing on it.

The SGGCX2 camera i got back in the day, i also somehow managed to screw that up, but the fix was easy ( just flash the firmware with the same as was on it ) and after that i was never able to screw up that camera again

Back