SG9663DCPRO+ with hardware kit not entering parking mode - 2018 Mazda 6

mrk240

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey All / jokiin

Anyone have experience with installing the fuse taps to allow the cam to enter parking mode for a 2018 Mazda 6?

Ive tried a number of different points but the cam turns off every time I turn the ignition off.

Even tried to follow the install guide for a 2018 CX-9 to give me an idea to what to tap into but no dice.

If I pull the ACC wire from the fuse box as per jokiin's instructions, it will enter parking mode.

I'm guessing I'm tapping into the wrong points but the multi-meter was showing they should have been fine.

Separate to this issue, there are 2 other issues I've encountered.
  1. The cam will not automatically turn on if the car is left off for more than a few hours / overnight. I need to turn it on manually.
  2. Intitially, the hardware harness / fuse taps didnt sit tightly into the low profile fuse holder.
    Looked like the fuse holder retaining clip was holding the fuse tap out far enough not to allow it to engage properly.
    Ended up taking to the fuse tap with a craft knife and cut out a relief to allow the tap to sit in deeper / tighter.

@mrk240 reply from our tech below

The suggested fuse locations for 2018 Mazda 6.

Please be aware around Oct there were some changes to fuses in the passenger compartment fuse locations for MY19 model even though it was built in 2018.

Interior fuse location: Driver side kick panel

Fuse type: LPF

+12: Fuse 6 - D.LOCK

+Acc: Fuse 9 - P.OUTLET 1, or Fuse 14 - P.OUTLET 2

GND: Factory ground point behind kick panel

As always please use LED probe or multimeter to check suggested fuse locations to make sure the power functionalities are correct.

I hope you give that tech guy a cold one now and then :) he deserve it.

@mrk240 reply from our tech below

The suggested fuse locations for 2018 Mazda 6.

Please be aware around Oct there were some changes to fuses in the passenger compartment fuse locations for MY19 model even though it was built in 2018.

Interior fuse location: Driver side kick panel

+12: Fuse 6 - D.LOCK

+Acc: Fuse 9 - P.OUTLET 1, or Fuse 14 - P.OUTLET 2

GND: Factory ground point behind kick panel

As always please use LED probe or multimeter to check suggested fuse locations to make sure the power functionalities are correct.
Awesome!, thanks for that, i'll try now and get back to you shortly.

LPF means Mini Low Profile? From where is obtained this information about the fuse type? Usually on internet we can find only fuses locations or functions, but not the type. :(

LPF means Mini Low Profile? From where is obtained this information about the fuse type? Usually on internet we can find only fuses locations or functions, but not the type. :(
yes mini low profile, the details about fuse type is from one of our install techs, just from years of experience, no database for the fuse types in different vehicles unfortunately

You could pull one of the fuses out of the fuse block in your car then go to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuse_(automotive) to see very good descriptions with pictures to determine which type you have.

You could pull one of the fuses out of the fuse block in your car then go to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuse_(automotive) to see very good descriptions with pictures to determine which type you have.
You can also check this site.

You can also check the fuse diagrams of various vehicles on there too.

Back