SG9663DCPRO with hardwire kit - motion parking mode?

kevinwithadashcam

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just finished setting up my cameras and hardwire kit. I've looked around and seem to run into conflicting information.

Does the parking mode have motion detection?

If the g-sensor detects movement, would that trigger a recording outside the auto shutdown time?

Parking mode records in continuous time lapse mode 1,3,5 FPS so nothing is missed.
(or special 30 FPS low bitrate if you upgrade to the latest beta firmware)
G-Sensor will save events into the RO folder.

How long (very approximately) it will work until it hits shut off voltage of a regular car ?
Will it be significantly different between 1,3,5,30 FPS modes ?

Thank you for your time

I’m guessing heat would be the biggest obstacle to longevity with parking mode running at 30fps?

I’m sure at 30fps it’s harder on the microSD cards, but that doesn’t bother me as much.

Yeah i assume low bitrate 30 FPS parking footage are still less then half the file size of the normal recordings.

I was just wondering, do any of the parking modes record sound as well?

are the file names for motion recording the same format? If I wanted to view just parked footage would I have to know the approx time and look based on that?

naming convention is the same, parking files will be more obvious when you look at the files using detail view as the file sizes are a lot smaller

I recently purchased a Tesla P100DL, and within 60 days of ownership I was hit in a parking lot. Of course I had sentry mode enabled, but it malfunctioned that day!

So I am in need of a dash cam that excels with parking mode. I've narrowed my decision to Blackview and Street Guardian. Customer Service and warranty, from what I have read, are superior with SG.

But, I keep reading that SG is not the best for parking mode. I'd like to know which camera and package would be recommended for my situation. I have a connector with +12VDC_Bat available within inches of my intended installation location. I can have +12VDC_Aux as well, but that's currently tied to my radar detector.

I recently purchased a Tesla P100DL, and within 60 days of ownership I was hit in a parking lot. Of course I had sentry mode enabled, but it malfunctioned that day!

So I am in need of a dash cam that excels with parking mode. I've narrowed my decision to Blackview and Street Guardian. Customer Service and warranty, from what I have read, are superior with SG.

But, I keep reading that SG is not the best for parking mode. I'd like to know which camera and package would be recommended for my situation. I have a connector with +12VDC_Bat available within inches of my intended installation location. I can have +12VDC_Aux as well, but that's currently tied to my radar detector.

The latest firmware added continuous 30FPS low bitrate (+ Audio) mode. Works great. Continuous recording is best so you don't have to rely on potentially unreliable motion detection or a g-sensor event that wasn't hard enough.
You need 1 switched accessory power source, 1 unswitched battery power source, and ground.
http://bit.ly/HardwireManualEN
(the new 30FPS option isn't updated in the user manual yet)
You can use up to 512GB cards in our products.

The latest firmware added continuous 30FPS low bitrate (+ Audio) mode. Works great. Continuous recording is best so you don't have to rely on potentially unreliable motion detection or a g-sensor event that wasn't hard enough.
You need 1 switched accessory power source, 1 unswitched battery power source, and ground.
http://bit.ly/HardwireManualEN
(the new 30FPS option isn't updated in the user manual yet)
You can use up to 512GB cards in our products.
How much current is required on each of the switched and unswitched sources?

Are events tagged in any way? Motion sensor, g-sensor, etc.?

Also, looking at that kit, is there a shorter version? From the camera to the power source in my car is about 12", max. I don't have room for the rest of the bulk of that wiring up there.

Thanks!

@jokiin might have more power specs if you really need that level of detail. What are you calculating to connect to exactly?

G-Sensor events are still moved into the RO folder (even in parking mode) There is a separate G-Sensor setting for parking mode so it can be set to HIGH while parked.
It's easy to review recordings using the Street Guardian Dashcam Viewer app. (picture in picture playback, files grouped together into one combined timeline)

@jokiin might have more power specs if you really need that level of detail. What are you calculating to connect to exactly?
I'd be sharing the switched input with the autodimming mirror and Uniden R3 radar detector. I have an unused connector for unswitched power, so no real concern on power draw there, just the switched connector. If switched is just used for state and no current is drawn, I should be good to go.

However, that still leaves the question of a much, much shorter version of the wiring kit. As I mentioned, my power location is less than 12 inches from where the camera will be mounted, so there is no way I can put all that bulk up there. Is there a much shorter version of the wiring kit?

Thanks!

P.S., I'm impressed with the immediate responses!

There is no "short" version of the hardware kit. You're welcome to modify it to be shorter though should be easy. We haven't had the request to power 3-wire from that location before, please post pre or post install photos so we can all learn what works best there.

Back