SG9663DR firmware updates

I think we had another report of no live view on the iPhone X, other models haven't been an issue for this, not sure what's different about the X, I'll check with our app developer and see if he's had any progress on this

Any update on a new firmware release? Looking forward to the long press on alert button to turn off unit.

I have a feeling there will be a official release firmware soon.
If you have registered for the extra 1 year of warranty, and put in your email you should get notified when there is a new firmware.

Also AMD powered (y)

And i can confirm the awaited long press remote button to turn off the dashcam is there and functioning well. :cool:

Latest remote key button press options:

Short Press = Emergency File (Saves current video clip + either the one before or after into the RO folder)

Long press 3 seconds turns wifi on/off (Button flashes when recording, but will turn solid red once WiFi is on and broadcasting)

Long press 10 seconds to power off the whole system. (System will turn back on after the next engine/accessory startup sequence)

Was there a fix in this version for missing overlay text in recordings? I'm still seeing it (technically NOT seeing it) at random. Will install this firmware regardless, but was curious about it. Files are still being named correctly, they're just missing the text and SG logo across the bottom, both front & rear.

you only seeing that problem if it happens from when the camera first starts recording, ie; it doesn't lose them half way through at any time?

you only seeing that problem if it happens from when the camera first starts recording, ie; it doesn't lose them half way through at any time?
So far I've only found them in lock files where I pushed the button, which basically never happens right after starting the car. Unfortunately by the time I find them, the non-lock files from that time have already cycled out. Tomorrow I should have some free time to go through clips again to see if I can find one where it started, to see if there's some sort of trigger, or how long it stayed missing.

So far I've only found them in lock files where I pushed the button, which basically never happens right after starting the car. Unfortunately by the time I find them, the non-lock files from that time have already cycled out. Tomorrow I should have some free time to go through clips again to see if I can find one where it started, to see if there's some sort of trigger, or how long it stayed missing.
maybe something with the lock process then, there was a change in the process in V1.12 so will need to see if that's still the case, if it's repeatable it's easier to fix

After I upgraded from v1-12, I noticed that my video-out settings defaulted to PAL 50 Hz, which is incompatible to my current requirements. Are all settings expected to be reset to default after a firmware upgrade? Not sure if I need to re-check all my settings.

After I upgraded from v1-12, I noticed that my video-out settings defaulted to PAL 50 Hz, which is incompatible to my current requirements. Are all settings expected to be reset to default after a firmware upgrade? Not sure if I need to re-check all my settings.

That's correct, everything defaults back to factory defaults (Australia localization) after a firmware update. Check and change all your settings, Timezone, Frequency, MM/DD/YYYY Date Format, etc

It will be nice if / when we dont have to do settings after each new FW install.

My phone got a update a few days ago, and it threw it completely off and it was coughing up security stopping errors every 5 - 10 seconds, pretty much rendering the phone useless, at least if you are any normal phone user.
But me talking between 5 and 50 minutes a month and using 1 GB of the data, not so much, but still aggravated me like a SOB, so i had to do a factory reset of the phone, which seem to have cleared that problem.
Only problem now is i have not registered the phone with any account so the play store are off limit to me and so the few APPs i had installed, so i probably have to do something tomorrow, and i think i will set up yet another skeleton google account.

Am I missing something? I have just emailed Street Guardian doing a reply to my registration confirmation they sent me back in Aug, 2020 asking why I have not had any firmware update emails sent to me. Yes I registered in time and no they do not go into my spam. I also asked them why there is no firmware at all on their site to the SG9663DR. In a review on youtube posted Nov. 20, 2020 he even talks about the long 10 second power off press on his unit so it must be getting shipped with a newer firmware than the one I have and is not a beta version. I have one of the first 10 models that was available in the US.

Is anyone getting emails from Street Guradian for firmware updates on this DR?
What firmware is the latest?
To @jokiin Street Guardian why is there no firmware at all for the SG9663DR on the site?
Put the recent firmware on your site. I prefer to get the link to the firmware from the Street Guardian site.

Or like I say...am I missing something?

Last edited:
What firmware version does your camera have installed on it now, is it V1.10 ?
thank you for the question

It is DR200525V1.09
I still wonder why there is no firmware on the Street Guardian site for this model under the downloads tab. I can get over the fact that I am not receiving update notices on my registered unit but I am still waiting for a reply from that email, I only sent it this morrning. I know they will get back to me. Customer suport is the best with Street Guardian.

thank you for the question

It is DR200525V1.09
I still wonder why there is no firmware on the Street Guardian site for this model under the downloads tab. I can get over the fact that I am not receiving update notices on my registered unit but I am still waiting for a reply from that email, I only sent it this morrning. I know they will get back to me. Customer suport is the best with Street Guardian.
not sure how you ended up with V1.09, release version is V1.10, it must have been updated as they shipped with V1.08 and we had to manually update them before sale so that must have been an error on our end, sorry about that

we don't put the original release version firmwares on the website, only release updates which we haven't done yet, that said though you should update to V1.12 as there are some important fixes that you don't have, notes are included with the download https://bit.ly/SG9663DRfirmwareV1-12

save doubling up on answering your email also just to add, your warranty registration was received, no issue there, we don't send emails out for regular updates, only if there was a critical update, we try and avoid any unnecessary emails

not sure how you ended up with V1.09, release version is V1.10, it must have been updated as they shipped with V1.08 and we had to manually update them before sale so that must have been an error on our end, sorry about that
Mine was one of that first 10 shipped in the US. I waited almost 2 years for this to come out and could not wait any longer. I assumed because it was the first batch that the firmware would be outdated soon as unknown bugs/issues got fixed.

we don't put the original release version firmwares on the website, only release updates which we haven't done yet, that said though you should update to V1.12 as there are some important fixes that you don't have, notes are included with the download https://bit.ly/SG9663DRfirmwareV1-12
Thank you for the explanation/reason for no original firmware on the Street Guardian downloads page. Not sure if V1.12 is beta or official but as most are shipped with V1.10 I guess this V1.12 is not yet official. Does not matter as per you link here I did what the instructions said to do, surprised that it only took me 10 minutes to figure out and get it done. (even the most simple things can be changeling for some) It looks like it is all set. Firmware says V1.12 and the long press turns off the unit (nice to the see the wifi logo for a few before it goes into shut down) I don't know if it is 100% working, I will try it out next time I go out. I also did the rest all defalut settings as well as format the card after firmware update.
save doubling up on answering your email also just to add, your warranty registration was received, no issue there, we don't send emails out for regular updates, only if there was a critical update, we try and avoid any unnecessary emails
Thank you for the return email directing me back to here. It is good to have this post showing so others can read and maybe fix issues themselves.
And of course the super speedy replies by you.

Speaking of firmware updates. Is there an ETA on the next release with the anticipated visual improvements?

Back