SG9663DR firmware updates

No ETA sorry, we're still working on the adjustments, those are being done on the X2PRO+ firmware as we have a bigger user base for testing, once completed the changes will be implemented in the other models

What happened with the firmware updates? Outside of this forum, the DR firmware is not even listed on the SG website.

Jokiin the head of Street guardian sadly left us / this world a few months back, still amazed the DR firmware's are not listed, there have been a few official ones as i recall.

I realise Rick is sadly gone... but are there any firmware updates on the way for this unit? I have v1.12 but that was released way back in September 2020.

I dont think this system needed much in the way of firmware's from day #1, it is basically a older camera in new clothes, so most of the work was already done.
I have removed the SG9663DR from my car now, but it aside for the wifi i somehow managed to kill like no one else have been able to, have been a pleasure to use, it just work.

Mind you there could probably be some things done, there was talks about a global IQ update for most SG cameras, but it never happened and then the thing with Rick happened, which i totally understand could throw a spanner in the works.
In general everything can always be made better, the question is should you make a anti gravity conversion kit for that 40 year old Holden so it can fly too, or should you just focus on make the new Holdens fly as good as they possible can.

Looking forward to see what SG pull out of the hat next, and if i or anyone else will get to test it in advance or upon launch.

Ok thank you. Is SG9663DR still being manufactured or not? or has it been stopped or have some components gone EOL? Seems to have disappeared from the AU website store (click buy and get 404) but is still showing on the US site. With Rick gone, what is the future for SG?

The DR wasn’t selling well in Australia for some reason. (Everyone wants SG9663DCPRo+/SG9667DC2K there it seems. DR is exclusive to North America now. They still have plenty of warranty replacement parts in Sydney

I would have imagined the DR to be popular, at least with the people wanting to do parking guard, as i assume it would fare better than a conventional system on the windscreen,,,, and it get hot down there in the summer.

I am still very much hoping SG and other brands will make dual remote systems, and go more with it as after all the dual remotes i have seen and tested all have very small main unit, and really you dont need to make it that small when it is hidden.
And larger volume could be used for many cool things, also literally, for instance you could make down the side camera units, or you could have 2 IR aided cabin cameras for the weary ride share driver.

whats the latest firmware for this? i have DR200917V1.12 still nothing newer??

Back