SG9663DR update

Bobcat101

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can we get an update on SG9663DR please?. I'm at the the point where i'd like to replace the current dashcam because its cheap and its shows in the support and reliability. Now I know there is a existing dual dashcam (SG9663DC) but its not cheap, its essentially £300 so a huge investment, and as luck would have it I just read that back in jan StreetGuardian said a new camera SG9663DR would be out in 3 to 6 months. If I'm going to spend that kind of money I want the best I can get for my money, as anyone would I guess.

So considering I want to buy one camera "kit", and want it to be the best I can get I obviously want the SG9663DR (newer and better?). So, Can we get an update please on how things are looking?.

How can I get in on that beta testing? I'd love to help if I can.

Right on, I'm happy to help in other ways that may come up.

Thanks!

Any more news on the DR?
Hopefully things are progressing nicely with the recent updates to the DC and release of the hardwire kit aiding matters.

I think things are on track with the DR.

it did get pushed back a bit as we had to rework some cables as the first version didn't pass EMC testing, those have just been redone, if it goes ok this time we're probably about 4 to 6 weeks away, probably about 2 weeks before I'll know for sure though

Excellent.
I was nearly tempted to get the DC from niko as they had a sale recently. But I want to hold off and see what the DR kit can offer for a smarter install.
Hopefully the nextbase hardwire kit I have will still be suitable until I want to try out parking modes.

Excellent.
I was nearly tempted to get the DC from niko as they had a sale recently. But I want to hold off and see what the DR kit can offer for a smarter install.
Hopefully the nextbase hardwire kit I have will still be suitable until I want to try out parking modes.

Nextbase hardwire kit wouldn't be suitable, it will come with the hardwire kit anyway though

Nextbase hardwire kit wouldn't be suitable, it will come with the hardwire kit anyway though
Good to know. I've had it for a few years. I'll pass that on to someone when the time comes.

Does anyone have any idea about what the price point will be?

There are a bit more wires in a dual remote camera, but thats probably also the only hardware that set it apart from the DC.
And as far as i know wires are not the most costly part of a devise.
Not sure if there are any tooling cost for the main unit that have to be recovered too, but so far SG have not really broken the mold ;) when it come to camera housings.

there are tooling costs to recover but that's no different to the SG9663DC in that respect, there are still costs involved for all our custom tooling

I'm rapidly losing hope this thing will ship and seriously now looking at alternatives :(

I'm rapidly losing hope this thing will ship and seriously now looking at alternatives :(

I've held one in my hand, it's very real. Once the SG9663DC is sorted, the same hardwire / firmware fix will be quickly applied to the SG9663DR. It's worth the small delay to get things sorted.

I cant recall seeing many alternatives, at least not worth while ones.
you can go with a regular dual channel camera like the DC or similar from other brands, while the DC main unit are larger than remote cameras like its own rear camera, then its not that much, and it can easy be accommodated if your car dont have a silly layout.
SG9663DC-Darkend-PNG_800x.png

In my car 2/3 of the DC main uniit are obscured by the dotter area on my windscreen, so really its just the bottom lens part peeking out below the dots.

Back