SG9663DR update

they don't exist for our purpose, larger size sensor

What's wrong with M12 lenses? A 3um pixel pitch for 1080p is about 1/3.6", M12 is perfectly capable of supporting 1/3" and larger, and there's a ton of large FoV from 90-190 degrees.
What specifically doesn't meet your specifications?

None of the lenses available so far have passed testing

jokiin, if you don't want to say which part just say so, because when a person asks you "specifically" and you beat around the bush, it's frustrating.

Why would he post in public specific trade secrets? You know how competitive it is out there. The effort that was put in so far and hurdles overcome shouldn’t be laid out in detail step by step for others to follow.

Sounds like marketing is chiming in...
There's nothing trade secret about saying why lenses do not work, you can say the lens is not big enough and creates a shadow, the lens optics are crap, there is unacceptable flare, there is not enough light coming through the lens (ie large f#), etc. CRA does not match the sensors we've looked at. None of this is trade secret. To imply otherwise is to claim mathematics is magic.

Nothing to do with marketing, I’m just speaking from 6 years experience seeing how the “game” so to speak is played in the Dashcam business.

I’m just talking in general with designing new products coming soon in edition to future ones later down the road map.

If the process was easy the DR would not be delayed like it is.

The DC was many months behind schedule as well but came to market eventually.

There is no suitable off the shelf lens to suit our needs, we have to get something made specifically to suit
OK great, I don't mind paying extra if I'm getting what I want, 1080p 3um+ pixel, great night quality. But hey, if you can pull off a 1440p with 5um pixel, that'd be amazing, it's a 1/1.73" sensor, very big yes, a CS mount lens probably.

These things take a long time to develop, no need to get into what is holding things up when there's still 12 months or more of work to do, plenty more problems to solve still

i am not sure you will find many 12 mm lenses that can cover a large sensor, actually the IMX 185 CCTV camera i got a while back it have some vignetting in the corners due to the C mount lens not actually being made for that size sensor.
Would need a large back focal length i presume to cover a larger sensor.

I remember chomping at the bit waiting for the DC to be released,,,,, ruined my teeth.

Normally, webcams are this size like the Logitech C920.

However, look at this new Logitech Rally with a massive lens and sensor size for professional on-line meetings.

Likewise, dashcams could use larger glass and sensors too, but costs would skyrocket, and it obviously wouldn't be covert...

Meeting cameras are typically PTZ, that do add some bulk to the prize.
Also some bulk to the lens size. though nowadays you can get a zoom lens unit with 20 - 30 X optical zoom, and it is pretty darn small.

However, look at this new Logitech Rally with a massive lens and sensor size for professional on-line meetings.

Likewise, dashcams could use larger glass and sensors too, but costs would skyrocket, and it obviously wouldn't be covert...
The Logitech Rally uses a Sony IMX317 sensor which is a 1/2.5" sensor compared to say the IMX291 which is a 1/2.9" sensor - the IMX317 has already been used in cameras from Gitup and Xioami I believe. At that size the IMX291 still has the larger pixel size for more sensitive night footage.

I've just seen the Rally is almost £1,300 retail whereas the Gitup is $119 - you're paying a lot there for the Logitech software and other hardware in the Rally bundle.

On track i think, but for a late spring / summer release.

Back