SG9663DR update

I do need a camera under my car so I never have to wonder again, "Did I hit that squirrel?" :)
we don't get a lot of requests for squirrel cams, the external cams are popular though for people with convertibles, vans, light trucks etc where there is no suitable rear window mounting option

I do need a camera under my car so I never have to wonder again, "Did I hit that squirrel?" :)

A member who is no longer around these days, @CheckYourLights created exactly what you are talking about nearly six years ago when he mounted an INNOVV C3 snake camera lens module under the lip of his front car bumper. Unfortunately all the cool installation photos he posted are no longer in the thread but the video is still there.:) Install: Car Front Lip

Last edited:
Aaa the magenta flash :)
I still have my C3, works just fine i just dont use it anymore.

Aaa the magenta flash :)
I still have my C3, works just fine i just dont use it anymore.

Yeah, that pesky magenta flash. The C3 had excellent image quality and great potential. It's a shame Rock never worked all the bugs out before abandoning the camera. I guess it was really a transitional product to newer and better things.

They should make a tethered option for the new insta 360 one R, but i dont think that is possible as the interconnects probably dont allow for anything long just like the mobius lens extension kits.
My biggest gripe with the C3 was the fairly stiff wire between the camera and recorder.

Yeah, that pesky magenta flash. The C3 had excellent image quality and great potential. It's a shame Rock never worked all the bugs out before abandoning the camera. I guess it was really a transitional product to newer and better things.
that was by-product of the method used to extend the camera based on the options that were available at that time, as you say, bigger and better things as there are now better methods available that don't suffer the same issue

that was by-product of the method used to extend the camera based on the options that were available at that time, as you say, bigger and better things as there are now better methods available that don't suffer the same issue

The C3 had other weird quirks too, at least on the unit I was testing. For example, there was a small gap between the card slot and the housing so that on occasion you would go to insert the memory card and it would end up inside the case and you'd have to take the thing apart to retrieve the card. One flaw in my view was that, at the time, Rock didn't want to invest the money into an AV wiring harness to allow for connection to a video monitor for precise aiming of the camera which I think one would want with a lens on the end of a three foot cable. There were a couple of other minor issues that needed to worked out too. My main take away from the camera though was that it provided superb video quality on every level.

Last edited:
Nearly 12 weeks since my last comment and I see not a lot of progress

Nearly 12 weeks since my last comment and I see not a lot of progress

like i said 12 weeks ago you started to make changes to firmware in this post?

like i said 12 weeks ago you started to make changes to firmware in this post?
I don't know what you're saying

He didn't say WHICH Sunday, did he? :rolleyes:

Jokiin does not release a product until he's totally satisfied with it, which is why SG cams are known as the most reliable and trouble-free dashcams you can get. He won't be rushed and the cam will be 100% right when it hits the market (y)

Phil

Back