SG9663pro new user with a few questions.

Srfoot

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had my dashcam professionally installed and have a few questions about set up.
In the parking mode I am using 12hr as I was concerned with the 24hr wearing down the car battery too quickly?
Should I use 30fps or lower? I did see different discussions on this.
Is there a motion sensor to detect motion going by the cameras to start recording and if not is this a possible firmware update in the future?
Thank you.
I like the cameras and the wifi app.
Steve

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What SD card capacity are you using (i.e. 64GB, 128GB, ect.)? 30fps if you're not concerned about memory storage space.

The DCPRO currently does not support motion detection:

not really clear what your question is, our X2PRO/X2PRO+ and DC/DCPRO models as of current firmware versions have parking mode when used with the 3 wire hardwire kit, the choices are 1fps, 2fps, 5fps timelapse or low bitrate (5mbit/sec) 30fps recording, there are menu selectable timer options, from 5 minute through to 24 hours, voltage cutoff is in the hardwire kit, user selectable options are 11.8v, 12v, 12.2v, 12.4v

buffer is used to try and make motion detect a more reliable option, we don't do motion detect, even with a buffer it's not that reliable, we don't include features until such time as they can work reliably, firmware development is an ongoing process but that's where we're at as of now

The battery protection are determined by the switch on the hard wire kit. i would not go under 12 V - 12.2 V sound even better to me.
When i get to test the SG hard wire kit with the next batch of test cameras i will rely on the low bitrate constant recording for parking mode as all places i park are slow speed like parking lots.
If you park curb side on a road with higher speed the low bitrate might not be enough as lower bitrate are not suited for really fast motion.
And i will only use 1 hour on the timer in the camera as that will cover all my shopping, and should i by change need more some day i can just change that in the camera menu.
The camera change to parking mode and back out of it again with the 3 wire hard wire kit, old 2 wire kits relied on the camera G sensor to make that change, but it is a somewhat un reliable approach.
Motion detect for parking mode are also a bad approach, at least where most people park and there are a significant level of traffic triggering the camera to record, so you might as well record all the time then.

The time lapse parking modes don't have sound, that's also one reason i will go for the low bitrate cuz it do have sound.

Thank you for the responses.
I have a 128g card.
I don't know what setting the installer put the hard wire at. I will have to check that out.
Should I assume that if the battery gets to the set point then it turns the camera off and stops all battery drain? Does it affect any settings on the camera?
Is this set point accurate to the setting, 12.2 or whatever it is at?

Thank you for the responses.
I have a 128g card.
I don't know what setting the installer put the hard wire at. I will have to check that out.
Should I assume that if the battery gets to the set point then it turns the camera off and stops all battery drain? Does it affect any settings on the camera?
Is this set point accurate to the setting, 12.2 or whatever it is at?

Yes, if the battery gets to the set point then it turns the camera off and stops all battery drain.

Cut-off value is more-less accurate.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Back