SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

there would have been more free space before that 20 minutes was recorded but not enough free space that the missing 20 minutes plus that 20 minutes would fit, if for example there was 10gb of free space then any missing video may be intact, if there's not enough free space for another 20 minutes of video then some of that will have been overwritten as needed

I do not think you understand what I am saying. The cam continued to record for at least 20-30 minutes after the missing clip, and including that footage there was still 1.9gb free on the card. It would make zero sense that there was a storage issue preventing the impact/saved video from going to RO folder if the cam continued to record 20-30 minutes after the missing clip.

Where can I find the most recent firmware version?

I do not think you understand what I am saying. The cam continued to record for at least 20-30 minutes after the missing clip, and including that footage there was still 1.9gb free on the card. It would make zero sense that there was a storage issue preventing the impact/saved video from going to RO folder if the cam continued to record 20-30 minutes after the missing clip.
I wasn't saying there was a storage issue, just pointing out that there's not enough free space left on the card now for there to be a full 20 minutes of video that could be recovered from the available space that is left so if any of it was there majority of it would have been overwritten already
Where can I find the most recent firmware version?

I wasn't saying there was a storage issue, just pointing out that there's not enough free space left on the card now for there to be a full 20 minutes of video that could be recovered from the available space that is left so if any of it was there majority of it would have been overwritten already

It overwrites starting with oldest file first correct?

Maybe that is where the confusion came from. The clip that is missing is from 9-6-19. I have over 100gb of older clips going back to August as well as about 20-30 minutes after the missing clip on the same day, 9-6-19.

If there was a storage issue it should have not had any impact on the clip from the impact moving to the RO folder, correct? I am just trying to understand how this one 3 minute clip went missing. You buy a dash cam to capture incidents if they happen and the one time you actually need it and the system nukes it, not cool.

About 20 minutes
yeah that's more video than you still have free space for so at best at least some of that has been overwritten regardless, still no harm in checking what is in the free space in case what you do need is there and recoverable

yeah that's more video than you still have free space for so at best at least some of that has been overwritten regardless, still no harm in checking what is in the free space in case what you do need is there and recoverable

Why would a file recorded on 9/6 be over written before files that are older (especially a file that should be flagged not to record)? I still have files going back to third week in August.

Why would a file recorded on 9/6 be over written before files that are older (especially a file that should be flagged not to record)? I still have files going back to third week in August.
if you don't see that file there then neither does the camera, it's not going to overwrite files from August and leave space from files that it doesn't see, the 1.9GB of free space is testimony to that

Some of my thoughts i have been having, sort of related to this.
Dashcams can revert to a older default date, normally if the time keeper battery ( RTC battery ) inside go dead.
So it have always bothered me, cuz if that happen, then when your dashcam get GPS fix and the correct time from those, then what ever have been recorded with the old default time will be the first to go.
So in my book it would make more sense to make the default date somewhere in the future, then again the next time the camera boot and use the default future time/date, and there already are a file with that name, i assume it would cause some other form of problems if the camera don't do like windows do if you copy a file/folder to a place where there already are the same, and so it just add a 1 to the name.

Not that i think your RTC battery have gone bad, but if that happen i think it can be the cause of similar problems.

If i was you i would keep a close eye on that memory card & camera and make sure it perform as it should

Some of my thoughts i have been having, sort of related to this.
Dashcams can revert to a older default date, normally if the time keeper battery ( RTC battery ) inside go dead.
So it have always bothered me, cuz if that happen, then when your dashcam get GPS fix and the correct time from those, then what ever have been recorded with the old default time will be the first to go.
So in my book it would make more sense to make the default date somewhere in the future, then again the next time the camera boot and use the default future time/date, and there already are a file with that name, i assume it would cause some other form of problems if the camera don't do like windows do if you copy a file/folder to a place where there already are the same, and so it just add a 1 to the name.

Not that i think your RTC battery have gone bad, but if that happen i think it can be the cause of similar problems.

If i was you i would keep a close eye on that memory card & camera and make sure it perform as it should

The ship has sailed on that one. Pretty disappointed tbh.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R SG9665GC 1
Brent. SG9665GC 17
A SG9665GC 100
jokiin SG9665GC 24
jokiin SG9665GC 154
Back