SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

Excellent, something to look forward to! Besides the bug fix are there any changes of note from beta6?

nothing major in the next release, once the bug is fixed we have some other changes to make before moving onto some IQ adjustments, those are going to take a lot of trial and error to get right so need to get the boring stuff out of the way first

Me cookie monster...me want update cookie!!! :p

I know I'm impatient. But trying to have some fun too ;)

have just added a link to the first post for a newer version, nothing major in this build just some code tidy up and still working on something but if any one wants to have a look and note any bugs if found would still be helpful

have just added a link to the first post for a newer version, nothing major in this build just some code tidy up and still working on something but if any one wants to have a look and note any bugs if found would still be helpful
Are the V1 and V2 'beta 7' F/W releases functionally the same? I'm planning a 'mini road trip' later this week and it would be a good opportunity to check them out front and rear in the same vehicle.

Edit: I guess I should also ask if they are relatively stable. Would hate to be away from home for an extended period with malfunctioning cameras.

Last edited:
Hello, I'm new here. I decided to use the recently posted version since out of the box, the GPS had the wrong date and time. It fixed the date, but still gets the hour wrong,. The minute is correct, though. Hopefully a newer update will get this fixed, I'm not too worried right now, as I won't have a microSD card for a bit (shot out of the slot while trying to pull it out and fell who knows where in my car lol). Been loving my unit so far :)

Hello, I'm new here. I decided to use the recently posted version since out of the box, the GPS had the wrong date and time. It fixed the date, but still gets the hour wrong,. The minute is correct, though. Hopefully a newer update will get this fixed, I'm not too worried right now, as I won't have a microSD card for a bit (shot out of the slot while trying to pull it out and fell who knows where in my car lol). Been loving my unit so far :)

Welcome to the GC club.

I think I just responded to your Amazon review:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-r...=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00U0OJMYG

My reply:

Thanks for the review. Here is how you fit the ferrite core into the cord cover.
mt0oJvOl.jpg

To get the right date and time you should set the correct time zone. If you are on the west coast it's -07 in the spring/summer and -08 in the fall/winter. east cost it's -04 in the spring/summer and -05 in the fall/winter. Please check your time zone is correct you need to off set it for daylight savings as appropriate. The GPS data is GMT and the camera does an offset based on that.
The option to format the memory card is on the second menu layer. Stop recording by pressing REC, press menu button once, press it a second time, scroll down with MIC button. See format.
You can display speed/location if you use dashcamviewer or registratorviewer
Any more questions give us a call

You guys are amazing. I did fit the ferrite core kind of like you illustrate. I knew there was more menu options that I didn't know how to access. Your help is greatly appreciated.
PS. Yeah that was me in that review, I'm impressed you figured that out :)

So to confirm I have a V1 then, right? Don't want to brick it up if at all possible.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R SG9665GC 1
Brent. SG9665GC 17
A SG9665GC 100
jokiin SG9665GC 24
jokiin SG9665GC 154
Back