SG9665GC GPS no longer working

aysuen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I got my SG9665GC in October and I just recently noticed that I am no longer getting any GPS signal on my recordings. Looking back at recordings on my card, I had some locked files. The last one with GPS data is from May 3, 2016.

When I plug the camera in, I no longer get the green GPS signal it just says No GPS. I'm sure I've plugged it in all the way. Anybody run into this issue?

I got my SG9665GC in October and I just recently noticed that I am no longer getting any GPS signal on my recordings. Looking back at recordings on my card, I had some locked files. The last one with GPS data is from May 3, 2016.

When I plug the camera in, I no longer get the green GPS signal it just says No GPS. I'm sure I've plugged it in all the way. Anybody run into this issue?

not something that's common at all, just contact your place of purchase and they'll arrange a replacement GPS for you, talk to @Pier28 if any issue getting it sorted

It sounds like the GPS logger itself is bad. If you bought through a Pier28 sales channel, Send me an email or private message with your original order number, name, shipping address and email. We'll send out a new GPS logger.

Thanks,

I got my camera from Calgary Dash Cams and I'll contact them and sort it out.

Have you tried unpluggin the antenna and then plug it back in, there been a fjew cases of ppl not pressing the little plug in enuff.
Okay mostly resulting in not working GPS at all, but maybe you hit some spot and then the plug come loose of that.

Hehe i was just thinking CDC and what unfortunate abbreviation it is south of the US/Canada border :D

So bumping this topic again because I got into a fender bender today and opened up the video files in registrator viewer to make a video of the incident. Found out the GPS is once again no longer working on my dashcam as hasn't been since July this year. Same issue as before, I plug in the GPS but the camera says NO GPS on the side instead of the red/green wireless symbol.

There is an additional issue in that in all the videos after the GPS stopped working, the G-sensor is also going wonky. It still registers slight Gs when I slow down for a stop sign/light, but it did not detect the actual hit from the accident. Strangely it also reads spikes of 0.92 G almost every 38 - 40 seconds. These spikes have been present in every video file after the GPS stopped working.

This dash cam replaced the first one I had issues with last June.

I got into a fender bender today and opened up the video files in registrator viewer to make a video of the incident. Found out the GPS is once again no longer working on my dashcam as hasn't been since July this year.

how did you work out today that GPS hasn't worked since July, can you elaborate?

There is an additional issue in that in all the videos after the GPS stopped working, the G-sensor is also going wonky. It still registers slight Gs when I slow down for a stop sign/light, but it did not detect the actual hit from the accident. Strangely it also reads spikes of 0.92 G almost every 38 - 40 seconds. These spikes have been present in every video file after the GPS stopped working.

the G-Sensor data is not logged, what you see in Registrator Viewer is unrelated to the G-Sensor

what firmware version are you currently running?

how did you work out today that GPS hasn't worked since July, can you elaborate?

Looking back at my video files from the SD card in my camera, the last video with GPS data is from July 8th, 2017 (Speed and distance, the Map doesn't seem to work anymore).

the G-Sensor data is not logged, what you see in Registrator Viewer is unrelated to the G-Sensor

Interestingly, all the videos from July 8th and before show no data at all in the G-sensor data graph, but all the videos after that date show "G-sensor" data, all data being in the y-axis.

what firmware version are you currently running?

The firmware I am running is SG20160623. V2

G-Senor data is not logged via Novatek powered products. (not supported)

I would update to the newest firmware for starters.

yeah start by updating the firmware, I would also update your version of Registrator Viewer if you haven't done that recently as the map will have issues otherwise, a link for the the patched version is available from the support page of our website, there's a registry fix you need to run also, that's with the download

Back