SG9665GC High Contrast/Dynamic Range Flaw and other Discouragements

there is an effect from the WDR during the day as well, I'd try with it on and see how it looks as well

I can see some blocks in the sky as well btw. That would not be good for resolution of the licenseplate.
jeiTnpr.jpg

If I put a gamma 1.6 over it, it looks more natural.
dPiiLuv.png

Last edited:
can't view your file???
Perhaps that's because it's not really the original file but a cut I made with mencoder, provided to get around the youtube quality downgrade.
Do you want the full five minutes?

It's not exactly a home line... :oops:

I have tons of difficult lighting condition examples but I don't want to flood you.

the more files I can get the better, you're one of the few that submits anything
I submit stuff when I get something that looks weird but hardly ever does here that much, no windy tree roads, I don't drive into the sun hardly at all

I submit stuff when I get something that looks weird but hardly ever does here that much, no windy tree roads, I don't drive into the sun hardly at all
yeah 95% of stuff there's nothing to see, it's those odd 5% situations that we need samples of

there is an effect from the WDR during the day as well, I'd try with it on and see how it looks as well

If one looks at some of the WDR-ON vs WDR-OFF screen shots I posted earlier in this thread you will easily see that during the day WDR-ON opens up the shadow details in an image whereas with WDR-OFF shadows can be dark or completely blocked up. WDR seems to have little effect on bright upper tonal range areas on the SG9665GC.

WDR-ON - Note the shadow detail in the foliage on the right hand side of the image.
2_wdr_on_0EV_fullframe.jpg

WDR-OFF - Note the dark area in the foliage on the right hand side of the image with lost shadow detail.
2_wdr_off0EV_fullfframe.jpg

Last edited:
Yikes that road is blown out horribly...

Back