SG9665GC just started bootlooping

Ninjaspecter

Reaction score
Country
Canada
My SG9665GC v1 (with most recent firmware update) just started bootlooping yesterday on start, and would keep endlessly replaying the startup chime sound. I had recently gotten the new Samsung Pro Endurance 128 gb card in September 2018, and it has been working flawlessly so far. Removing the SD card and checking on PC, the card seems fine and is still able to format/overwrite. What can I do to fix this? The dashcam has been worked well for me for years now.

Have you formatted card inside dashcam after using it in your PC?

Update firmware
Try another card
Test powering up with NO card as a test
Try another Mini USB power supply.

If all that fails I’m sure @Street Guardian Canada
can hook you up with a steep SGGCX2PRO upgrade discount especially since you’re an original GC V1 customer from many years ago.

if it fades out the OS has crashed, that could be a bad memory card that stops it from booting correctly, or it could be a power supply issue, try booting with no memory card and see what it does, if still the same try a different power supply

Hi thank you for the responses, I apologize for the late reply. The SD card was orginally formatted using the FAT32 formatter program (I didn't try to do it within the dash cam since it was 128 gb, which I've heard was too big). Taking the SD card out allowed the cam to function again; since reformatting the same SD card using the formatter program again, the cam appears to be running fine. Not sure what caused the initial hang up in the first place.

Thanks!

Cards should only be formatted in-camera not on the computer. If you’re on the newest firmware, 32GB - 400GB Cards are supported. Not sure where you read 128GB was too large. Where was that? We’ll correct the info or send a message to whoever posted it. We’ve had large card support for many years now.

Ah I didn't know that, I will reformat in-camera right away. It was years ago when I first purchased the V1, I remember at the time 128gb was supposedly not supported, and either the original product manual or website suggested the cam could only do up to 32 or 64 gb. For larger formats you needed to do it on your computer using the "FAT32 Formatter for large memory cards".

When I bought a new SD card a few months ago, I looked to update my firmware, and the formatter program was still linked on the website which led me to believe that was still the standard operating procedure:

https://streetguardian.info/support

Back