spotmom

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
RoadhawkHD; Street Guardian; 5 failed mini 080x's
I have searched the forum for a similar issue and have found none so I will make my own.

I have been running a Transcend Premium 300x 32gb card in this cam. On Feb 2nd I saw a car that was a suspect in some burglaries so I hit the lock button and drove with that car for a while getting the plate and everything on the dash cam.

I got home, popped the card into my computer only to find the card full and the last video was from January 3rd, meaning all the trips I have made since then, expecting this cam to be covering me, were never recorded.

The camera powers on fine, occasionally I will see the screen come on while I am driving, but I always assumed it was a good bump setting off the g sensor. I never saw or heard anything that would lead me to believe it was not recording. When I would punch the lock button and the screen was dark, it would come on and the yellow triangle would indicate that it was locking that section. Obviously it was not.

I have it set to loop and it was working fine all summer. I reformatted the card in the camera recently, probably just before Dec 29th. The files recorded are only Dec 29th and Jan 3rd. There are just short of 5gb of locked files on the card from August, October and December of 2015.

I have to go out and get the serial and FW from the camera so I will add that soon. I have never updated the FW since I purchased the camera.

Based on the screen turning on randomly it sounds like you have old firmware. A few file handling bugs were fixed awhile ago. You should update your firmware asap. Format the card in the camera after the update

FW is 20150305.002

Any reason it would have been looping OK before and suddenly stopped?

I did the firmware update on Feb 4th or 5th and I have some locked files from the 9th, and my first dates in the regular files are the 16th, so that should indicate that it is looping as it should. I don't get out much so it took a while to get the loop tested without just leaving it plugged in for a couple days and unnecessarily wearing out the card.

I did notice some artifacts in one video where the road and sky washed out into bands of gray and blue on one video. The vehicles in front of me seemed to stay ok. The sun was to my back, so that shouldn't have been an issue. Any thoughts?

If the sun is lower and behind you that's a direct reflection off the objects in front. (Pretty harsh). Make sure you don't have the camera aimed too high with too much sky. Follow the 40/60 rule. 40% sky maximum. 60% road/cars/hood/dash

Yeah, it's aimed good. I just tried to get a screen shot of that and I can't get it to happen again, although in Datakam viewer it has a slightly off picture, in a regular media player the picture is much crisper and no artifacts. Must have just been a momentary glitch. Datakam does not play the recordings in their best quality I have found.

Whatever it is is windows 10 stock.

I had similar playback issues on Win7. I have only recently upgraded to 10. It certainly seizes up more on 10, though. Very cantankerous.

Back