SG9665GC V1 beta firmware

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
We generally do all our testing on the V2 firmware but I do have a V1 version here if anyone wants to give it a try, it basically has the functionality that's in the current V2 beta, time sync, mic volume etc, it's not a release version as there's still some work we need to do before the next release

http://www.mediafire.com/download/age5uvfglhap2g1/SG9665GC_V1_beta_7.zip

Downloaded but I promised myself I'd get my taxes done before anymore playing with dashcams. :(

Sold my car with the V1 in it so can't help here. :(

I have not updated the firmware in my 2 SG9665GC since I bought them. Been a while now. I'm assuming mine are V1 since I pre-ordered. Would that be correct?

I have not updated the firmware in my 2 SG9665GC since I bought them. Been a while now. I'm assuming mine are V1 since I pre-ordered. Would that be correct?

@Pier28 has had them as pre order many times as we keep selling out, if it was prior to October last year though they would be V1

hate it that much do you?? or you sold it with car as an excuse to get a newer one??

Any excuse will do and as Rick said, and I have no doubt, it helped sell the car. One thing I regret with it was not checking out the vid it produced at 285kph. Too much Jack Daniels later will do that.

@Pier28 has had them as pre order many times as we keep selling out, if it was prior to October last year though they would be V1

Yeah, I ordered Feb 2015. Thanks for clarifying.

Just loaded this beta into one of my V1s to give a go. I was still on the original V1 firmware. Also did the calibration, as I should have done that long ago as I had so many hot pixels. First small test already is a big improvement. :) Will keep giving it a go before trying it on my other V1 unit.

Installed this on my unit last night, will go for a drive soon.

Doh! I'll give it a go too. :)

Darn it another one :eek: The beta 7 seemed to perform allright for my drive today.
Will grab the camera in the car and have a look before i put the new FW on it.

Did give the camera a lot of sky to work with in regard to that "issue" just to see how it liked that for a change.

G-Sensor bugfix is the only notable change from the version you're using now, still needs testing though

Loaded it last night, will report back if any issues.

...but feedback is always welcome
Speaking of feedback is there a specific location/forum/thread where you would like it posted?

With beta F/W being 'publicly' available it's possible that 'issues' could get more exposure and discussion if they were posted to a public forum vs. private message. An example being the 'contrast/dynamic range' issue initially reported by @Dashmellow.

Back