SG9665GC v2 2016 edition, another case of bootloop and screen flickering

That would have been a 128gb card, that's as large as the transcend cards went at the time

My mistake, I was sure that the card I just threw out was a 256GB card. :confused:
As long as the dash cam itself keeps on working is the main thing. (y) :D

It was the 256GB Transcend that you sent to me approx. 3yrs ago.
I bought a 200GB Sandisk card on 02/05/2019 to replace it.
I figured the 256GB card had run it's course so I cut in 2 and dumped it in the bin. (y)

Just a quick update, the Sandisk 200GB card and the camera have been working well together.

Sandisk 200GB Micro SD Card

Recently, I noticed that my screen from my camera (SG9665GC v2) started to flicker. I am suspecting the power supply, but I will have to do some tests when I get the chance. Also, I have some issues with my SD card, which is a SanDisk 200GB. I do not know if is the card failing, but sometimes it froze and just needed only a format, and it was working correctly after that. Lately, it plays up more and more. Could you recommend me another SD card, maybe a better one?

Thanks.

If you have had that 200 GB card going since day #1 there is a good chance it might be on the way out, i think at least you should test / benchmark the card to see how it do.
Doing this take a while, but you can do other stuff on the computer meanwhile, or what ever else.

The tools most used for this are the little H2testw tool and crystaldiskmark, they will list your memory cards read / write performance and if there are any bad sectors ASO on the card.
Whatever the memory card are often the weakest link in a good system, but your flickering LCD could indeed be indicative of a failing power supply, so you can test the camera with any better wall wart USB charger as power source.
You of course have to delete the foorage on the cards you want to test or let the software work all of the memory card and not just some little piece of free space.

The GC family of cameras are not memory card fussy, so just about anything will do, but in this day and age i would go for a model that have warranty for the card when used in dashcams.
This are most / all extreme endurance models, but i also lately got myself a A2 branded Adata card that also have warranty for dashcam use even if it is not a endurance card.
Of endurance cards i currently run 256GB cards from WD ( purple edition ) and sandisk high endurance ( white card ) but the endurance cards do carry a little higher price still, but nothing like a few years ago.

The WD and sandisk endurance memory cards is what SG often bundle with their new models.

If my power supply is failing, is there a replacement for it? I am opened to anything if it is better or some low voltage power cut.

Back