SG9665GC V2 2016 Edition keeps resetting date to 01-01-2017

S P

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SGGCX2PRO & SGGCX2
Hi all,

I have an SG9665GC V2 2016 Edition that's been running great since I got it in November of 2016, but just recently started resetting the date all the time? It was on the original firmware from 2016, so I tried upgrading to the 2017 V2 firmware off of the Street Guardian website, and it still does the same thing. It thinks it's 01-01-2017 everyday! Also tried resetting everything to defaults and then formatting card, but I don't see why that would cause it to keep losing the date. Also, when it loses the date, just the date gets lost and not other settings. It keeps my 5 minute loop setting (default is 3), which is very odd. Any ideas?

Hello sounds like the RTC button battery might have an issue. Try a "soak charge" Leave the dashcam powered for 24 hours. (hopefully you have a mini USB cable you can plug into a USB wall charger etc inside)

See if that helps. If it doesn't private message me and I'll see what I can do about out of warranty repair/upgrade options for you.

Roger that, thanks for the fast response! I have it hooked up to a USB charger powered up right now on my desk, so will just leave it running overnight.

My driving profile is a lot of short trips (I live 1 mile / 5 minutes from my office) so a dead or weak RTC would definitely make sense. Will let you know!

Roger that, thanks for the fast response! I have it hooked up to a USB charger powered up right now on my desk, so will just leave it running overnight.

My driving profile is a lot of short trips (I live 1 mile / 5 minutes from my office) so a dead or weak RTC would definitely make sense. Will let you know!

Leave it even longer if you can, 36-48 hours is actually best to shock it back to life so to speak

Oh, will leave it fired up in my office too then, rather than leaving it sitting in my car. Too terrified of driving without a dash camera, and can't find my extra A118C. :)

Well, it's not looking so good here.

Left it plugged in all night, and then all through the day, with just a few minute breaks from power tops to get it from home to car, car to office, office back to car, and then car back into the house. Went out to run two errands where it was powered off for about 20 minutes each time. Made it through the first 20 minute break ok, but after the second 20 minute break, bam, date reset again. :(

I'm handy with electronics. What kind of coin cell does this thing need? Wish I could find my extra A118C! I'm truly paranoid of driving without a dash camera around here, because that will be the day that something awful happens!! :ROFLMAO::p

Back