SG9665GC - V2 Latest Firmware Problems

Brent.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I tried updating my V2 firmware to the newest from https://streetguardian.info/support and now I get a yellow triangle with exclamation mark on the dash cam screen. Checked the MicroSD card and it is missing some of the 3 minute video segments of my travels. Curious, so I checked the V3 file and it downloaded as the same name as the V2 update, "SG9665GC_V2_Firmware_update_latest.zip". Both the V2 and V3 BIN files are the same name "SGGCV2.bin", size "2514KB", and date "‎11/‎28/‎2016 ‏‎7:03 PM".

Where can a get the latest reliable firmware update? I hate not knowing whether mine is even working as I am traveling. Would hate to think I have a video of an incident, only to find out it was missing that segment.

V2 and V3 firmware is the same.

Did you reset the camera to factory defaults after the update?

I've never had a report of this behavior before so try updating the firmware a second time.

The support link above is the latest version as of today. (No new beta firmware)

What make model and size memory card are you using?

What is the serial number off both of your cameras?

http://autodvr.by/download/SG9665GC_V2_beta_30.zip

apY4A.jpg

V2 and V3 firmware is the same.

Did you reset the camera to factory defaults after the update?

I've never had a report of this behavior before so try updating the firmware a second time.

The support link above is the latest version as of today. (No new beta firmware)

What make model and size memory card are you using?

What is the serial number off both of your cameras?

S/N SGGC-B15390421 Only one dash V2 cam.
Transcend Premium 400x 32GB card came with the dash cam from Pier 28.

Missed the "reset the camera to factory defaults after the update" in instructions, so will try that and report back on + or - results.

Thank You!!!

also remember to format your memory card after updating the firmware

Thanks, I did that.

Ok, I hadn't paid enough attention to the screen, but the yellow triangle I mentioned is when there is a locked file during the recording. The missing files could have been in a separate folder. I don't know for sure that that is what happened since everything was deleted from the card when I redid the firmware update. Not sure if I will need to change some sensitivity settings or not at this point. Don't know why a firmware upgrade would make a difference there. I was running default settings before and left them at default after update. I will see how it does tomorrow and post back with results.

Attachments

• 20170313_172216-1.jpg
    20170313_172216-1.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 19
G-Sensor low or off is best or you'll have to many false triggers and the videos will end up in the RO folder

G-Sensor low or off is best or you'll have to many false triggers and the videos will end up in the RO folder

Is set to "low", so I will leave it there and see how it does. That is where it was previously. Maybe resetting to default settings after this last attempt of firmware upgrade will take care of it. Sometimes things just don't take right the first time around. Will see. Thanks again!

Looks like everything is working fine now. This dash cam has been great! I actually have been running it for over a year with no issues. Will blame the firmware upgrade problem on user error since it seems to be working fine now.

I've got to get another one of these for my wife's car! ;)

Good idea! Then you will finally know how she drives and what she says when she's alone.
Just checking if the card's OK of course....

SS :) ( not the Nasty Germans in history ) but Spouse Spying :D
And do keep in mind thats a 2 way street ;)

...but Spouse Spying :D
And do keep in mind thats a 2 way street ;)
Just another reason to keep said spouse ignorant of how to extract/view cam files. ;)

(Having a spouse that really could not care less about 'tech toys' helps a lot also.)

Just another reason to keep said spouse ignorant of how to extract/view cam files. ;)

(Having a spouse that really could not care less about 'tech toys' helps a lot also.)

Maybe she's just been playing you all along? You could be in a lot more hot water than you think! :D

Yeah, though i have always been without one of those i am aware there are also some benefits having one.

But i always seem to come up with more or less lame excuses for not trying harder to find one. lately i have also begun to use my age as a excuse.

My wife has no clue when it comes to these cameras. Nice :D

Back