SG9665GC V2 Micro SD Not Loop recording

suparoo

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
SG9665GC V2 with 200GB SanDisk Ultra microS Card & CPL
My SG9665GC V2 is using a 200GB Sandisk Ultra Micro SDXC 1 card, lately the card has stopped recording with 1GB still free on the card and it does not loop record.
Should I also be using a Sandisk High Endurance U3 card as per SG USA's recommendation in this thread SG9665GC V3?
Also can I use a 256GB card in my V2?

Last edited:
What is the firmware version of your dashcam?
How often do you format memory card inside dashcam?

Hi Niko,

Firmware SG20191111.V4 (Update 7)
At the moment, when it stops recording, otherwise, at the max. 1 x per month.

Hey Suparoo

How old is the card? Do you have another card you can test with?
Might be worth giving it a full format using SD formatter avilable here: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/ then formatting in the camera once done.

V2's are certainly getting on a bit in age but seems like an odd issue for it to be the camera, not ruling camera out but I'd be leaning towards the card as it's the more common culprit.

The GC's support up to 256GB officially.

Hey Suparoo

How old is the card? Do you have another card you can test with?
Might be worth giving it a full format using SD formatter avilable here: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/ then formatting in the camera once done.

V2's are certainly getting on a bit in age but seems like an odd issue for it to be the camera, not ruling camera out but I'd be leaning towards the card as it's the more common culprit.

The GC's support up to 256GB officially.
The card is approx. 12 mths old, maybe a bit older.
Each time I remove the card, I format it using SD Formatter from Street Guardians website, then again in the camera.
The dash cam is almost 6 years old and still working well other than this problem.

I am waiting for Jokiin to recover fully. I am waiting what his next dash cam release is going to be. He was talking about an upcoming new release just before he had his operation.
The Minister for War & Finance is always giving me grief, she says I watch my rear too much and don't paying enough attention to the front.
My next dash cam might well be a dual one I feel. :D

Yeah dual is the way to go if money are not holding you back.

I have had nice memory cards die on me in days, almost hours, thats why it is so important to buy the card where you can get a good RMA experience,,,,, and also get a card that have warranty for use in dashcams which few have.
Mind you the card i had gotten RMAed the most was a kingston card with no warranty for dashcam use, 2 of the cards ( did not have anything else but kingston in those days ) i had to get replaced 2 times, i think one of them even 3 times.
Seller was nice, made RMA online, drove to the shop, and left 5 minutes later with a new card.

Still a year dont seem like much, TBH i expect 2 years of a memory card, but i also drive less than most regular folks.

Last edited:
Yeah dual is the way to go if money are not holding you back.

I have had nice memory cards die on me in days, almost hours, thats why it is so important to buy the card where you can get a good RMA experience,,,,, and also get a card that have warranty for use in dashcams which few have.
Mind you the card i had gotten RMAed the most was a kingston card with no warranty for dashcam use, 2 of the cards ( did not have anything else but kingston in those days ) i had to get replaced 2 times, i think one of them even 3 times.
Seller was nice, made RMA online, drove to the shop, and left 5 minutes later with a new card.

Still a year dont seem like much, TBH i expect 2 years of a memory card, but i also drive less than most regular folks.

I have only used Transcend & Sandisk in my SG dash cam.
Prior to that I had an Itronics ITB-100HD dash cam and used Transcend cards in that one too.
My car is only 17 months old and has >43,000 kms on it already. :eek:

Back