SG9665GC V2 reboot issue

hemi426

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SG9665GC
I have had a SG9665GC V2 for 2 years now with zero issues if any kind--great cam

I recently acquired a used one with reboot problems.
1. Apply power--only power light is on, nothing else.
2. Apply power with blank card inserted--only power light on, nothing else.
3. Apply power with card inserted with latest firmware, three lights come on, firmware down loads,
camera comes on for 3 seconds and goes off and starts reboot cycle again and again.
Card is new Transcend 32gb Premium 400x from Amazon.
Reset button does nothing.
Using cigarette supplied power cord
Can't get into camera menu to do anything.
Can this be fixed or do I have a nice paper weight?

Where did you get it from? You bought this used from some Seller? What’s the serial number?

Which power supply?

How does it behave with no Card inserted (or a different Card).
Bad cards cause rebooting.

This was a ebay find and I was hoping that a new card and firmware would fix it.

SGGC-B15531349
Power supply is the one that comes with camera originally.
Power up with no card inserted---only power light comes on, nothing else.

This was a ebay find and I was hoping that a new card and firmware would fix it.

SGGC-B15531349
Power supply is the one that comes with camera originally.
Power up with no card inserted---only power light comes on, nothing else.

Check if GPS antenna is inserted into correct port.

Have you tried plugging it into the lead of your 1st SG9665GC V2?
You could have a faulty lead.

I used my V 3 GC on the power from the V1 GC camera, no problem at all for me.

It might be a good idea to try and power the camera of something else, for updating on my computer table i use a old 1.5 A Mains USB charger, that have been working fine for me with all the cameras i had pass over my computer table thru the years.

Regarding my problem with SG9665GC V2 reboot issue is there any software or firmware that would reset camera back to factory specs or is it a hardware issue?

jokiin----any answers?

Go to settings menu, find "Factory Reset", confirm reset. . After that use pen, press "R" on the right side of the unit shell.

menu screen never comes up---unit just keeps rebooting when I try to load latest firmware----have tried reset button on right side---no results

Regarding my problem with SG9665GC V2 reboot issue is there any software or firmware that would reset camera back to factory specs or is it a hardware issue?

jokiin----any answers?

it sounds like a hardware problem, I guess when you buy second hand there's no knowing what the history is on it

It sounds like it's more than 2 years old and the symptoms are something I'd most likely not be able to repair.

I can offer a "sorry about that 2nd hand issue" discount on a new product though if interested. New 2018 products come with a 2 years warranty as well.

Back