SG9665GC V3 keeps "reformatting" itself periodically & endlessly?

peterharvey

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have a new SG9665GC V3's using Sandisk 200 GB micro SD cards, but for some strange reason, every 3 or 4 drives, the GC keeps trying to reformat itself.

If I do nothing, it will not record.
If I press the down cursor, then I press Enter, it will reformat, but then it will ask me again to reformat, and this goes on and on until I switch the unit off.
When it restarts, it will be normal.
However, after a few drives, it will ask me to reformat it again.

Does anyone had a similar experience, and how to fix???

No other reports of this. Sounds like the 200GB card could be failing. When/Where did you buy it? I'd look into exchanging it for a new one and go back to the card it came with as you wait.

Strange, because it does it on both of my SG9665GC V3's, both with Sandisk 200 GB mSD cards from eBay.
I'll try and formally reformat both micro SD cards from the GC.

I have four separate SG9665GC's altogether; two V2's, and two V3's.
May be it was because those two micro SD cards were originally in two different SG9665GC V2's, and they were simply swapped into the V3's without ever being formally reformatted???
Must we reformat before we move from V2 to V3, and vice versa from V3 to V2?

Can the Sandisk 200 GB micro SD cards be formatted on a desktop or laptop PC via FAT32, before being inserted into the GC's?

There are loads of fake cards on eBay. I just walked through the shops in Shenzhen and saw loads of fake cards being pushed most likely to ebay. Who was your seller? Amazon is safer

fa6c5003efe1ff0c53e40f45b7960e0c.jpg

d3edff69e0b9f8229f6dbdb0cd071b94.jpg

whats that d00d doing in them photos?? faking cards??? are they all fake cards he has there???

sweet. I remember when I was in shanghai a while back, looking for some rechargeable batteries, I asked the d00d behind the counter how do I know if they are real or not as they are marked genuine. he said they were, then he went up a few stalls and grabbed some fake ones and compared them and told me how to tell fake to real. he even had some information about fake keyboards from Logitech how to tell real from fake.
who know if the information he provided we actually fake or not?

Strange, because it does it on both of my SG9665GC V3's, both with Sandisk 200 GB mSD cards from eBay.
I'll try and formally reformat both micro SD cards from the GC.

I have four separate SG9665GC's altogether; two V2's, and two V3's.
May be it was because those two micro SD cards were originally in two different SG9665GC V2's, and they were simply swapped into the V3's without ever being formally reformatted???
Must we reformat before we move from V2 to V3, and vice versa from V3 to V2?

Can the Sandisk 200 GB micro SD cards be formatted on a desktop or laptop PC via FAT32, before being inserted into the GC's?

cards need to be formatted in the camera, if you swap the cards from another camera always format them

eBay cards are always a risk so it might be wise to run h2testw and see what results you get, the problem seems to be following the cards which is not a positive sign, let us know how you get on either way

So the SGZC12RC is the special dash cam where we must format the Sandisk 200 GB micro SD card either in a PC via FAT32, or in an SG9665GC - before we use it in the RC?

I formatted the Sandisk 200 GB mSD card in my desktop PC via FAT32, and it is running fine in the SGZC12RC...

So the SGZC12RC is the special dash cam where we must format the Sandisk 200 GB micro SD card either in a PC via FAT32, or in an SG9665GC - before we use it in the RC?

I formatted the Sandisk 200 GB mSD card in my desktop PC via FAT32, and it is running fine in the SGZC12RC...

for the RC yes, if you format it in the camera it won't format it FAT32, for the GC the cards should be formatted in camera, not using any 3rd party formatter

RC is a Zoran CPU/SDK and that company is out of business. We are unable to add native FAT32 formatting support. (Engineers are gone)

GC is a Novatek CPU/SDK and formatting of large cards FAT32 is supported.

Formatting GC cards should only be done in the camera for maximum stability.

If you want to format a 200GB card in your GC, and then put the card in your RC, that will be the most stable method. That's what I do. (I have a GC in front, and RC in back)

what happens now with it? once your stock is sold out that's it?? no more SGZC12RC?

what happens now with it? once your stock is sold out that's it?? no more SGZC12RC?

that particular version is finished now, no choice as the chipset is finished, development of a new PCB is underway but that can take some time

Same thing has been happening with mine. Amazon-purchased card, direct from them, not eBay or third-party seller, less than a month old.

Same thing has been happening with mine. Amazon-purchased card, direct from them, not eBay or third-party seller, less than a month old.

That card or the camera is less than a month old?

What make/model/size memory card are you using? (Got the link to it?)
Do you have the original card the camera came with as well?

What version SG9665GC do you have? V1/V2/V3? (what's the serial number off the back)
Make sure you install the latest firmware from https://streetguardian.info/support
Format the card in the camera

It's best to Always format the card in the camera any time you've read files off the card from you computer (especially Mac)

Back