SG9665GC V3 vs Panorama G

patrickkc

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I am ready to buy some dash cams for all my cars but not sure which one to get. I am deciding if I should buy the new SG9665GC v3 or buy a few more Panorama Gs. Now obviously, the V3 is much newer than the Panorama G, but at my time of purchase, the Pano G was the best dash cam available. Just wondering how it will stack, and which one should I get.

How are the video quality compared to the V3? There was a thread regarding this but it's compared to the V1, and I would assume much has changed since.

Two things I don't like about the SG9665GC is that; it doesn't use a suction cup as a holder, meaning I have to 3m tape the mount and GPS is external, which means I need to have the GPS antenna attached elsewhere.

I've had a Panorama G on one of my cars for over a year and I think it's pretty good. Not as discrete as I had hoped, but I like it has GPS built in and overall I think quality is great compared to the cheaper cams.

“Panorama G“ is out of production.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

“Panorama G“ is out of production.

Oh, I didn't know it was out of production. I still see a few for sale on amazon. If these dash cams are comparable, maybe a good time to snatch up the remaining few?

Oh, I didn't know it was out of production. I still see a few for sale on amazon. If these dash cams are comparable, maybe a good time to snatch up the remaining few?
Street Guardian SGZC12SG V2 PRO is upgrade version of Pano G and for its simplicity it has been very stable dashcam. Sure its a great choice if you need suction mount and form factor is not an issue.

...I've had a Panorama G on one of my cars for over a year and I think it's pretty good....
I've been using SG9665GC V1 for nearly 2 years - going strong.

Street Guardian SGZC12SG V2 PRO is upgrade version of Pano G and for its simplicity it has been very stable dashcam. Sure its a great choice if you need suction mount and form factor is not an issue.

I guess I should be comparing between the SGZC12SG V2 Pro vs SG9665GC V3 then.

Panorama G or any of the related variants you see for sale will be the tail end of the stock, the chipset used in this model is no longer available

Panorama G or any of the related variants you see for sale will be the tail end of the stock, the chipset used in this model is no longer available

Thanks, I guess even the SGZC12SG v2-Pro will become obsolete very soon then?

How is video quality compared to the 9665GC V3? I am leaning more towards the older SGZ12SG v2 Pro because of the suction mount and built in GPS, but if there is a lot of differences in terms of reliability and video quality, I would reconsider.

Overall, I'm very stumped and have no idea which one to choose. Both have it's pros and cons.

Thanks, I guess even the SGZC12SG v2-Pro will become obsolete very soon then?

we won't be producing this model any more, we are working on an updated version now as some people do still like this form factor

reliability is no issue either way, personally I feel the SG9665GC has better video performance than the SGZC12SG V2 does

we won't be producing this model any more, we are working on an updated version now as some people do still like this form factor

reliability is no issue either way, personally I feel the SG9665GC has better video performance than the SGZC12SG V2 does
Is there any type of time frame of when I should be expecting the new updated version of the SGZ12SG v2?

Back