SG9665GC vs Black Box Brand G1W-H Night Video

DT MI

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than my wife thinks I need.
The reflection you see in the upper right of the G1W-H video is the SG9665GC so you have an idea of where they were mounted relative to one another.

Edit: Scroll down further in this thread for more samples.

Last edited:
Within area of streetlights and on a small screen it is hard to see a difference, but at the end of the video when you drive into less-lit area, then obvious difference can be seen from background objects. Of coruse we can not fully judge both of them. G1W-H is good within its own price range, GC is from higher dashcam class.

True, but if you look at the road marking, lights, etc. you can still get a good idea of the differences. IMO the SG is sharper and better contrast in addition to actually capturing more light.

Edit: It is difficult to judge differences with samples only 1/4 the size of the original.

Edit2: Maybe later tonight I'll upload the individual clips if I have the time.

I'd like to learn how to edit a side-by-side top/below but the resulting video is full edge to edge screen.
(since you only use the center sliver of each video on top of each other)

example:

True, but if you look at the road marking, lights, etc. you can still get a good idea of the differences. IMO the SG is sharper and better contrast in addition to actually capturing more light.

Edit: It is difficult to judge differences with samples only 1/4 the size of the original.

Edit2: Maybe later tonight I'll upload the individual clips if I have the time.

I know how much better is GC in most conditions, but I was just giving an opinion / conclusions from "average Joe" point of view who looks at side by side video and as I mentioned ( + as you edited ), - it's hard to see a difference on small screen. Thats why I always add individual videos of each camera + raw / original download file. I am glad you also planning to do so. This way people can see them individually on big screen PC, Laptop or TV, because from small ( 1/4 ) YT encoded video we may get not real results and confuse people.

I'd like to learn how to edit a side-by-side top/below but the resulting video is full edge to edge screen.

example:
I'd like to learn that as well. I have 2 different video editing programs and haven't been able to do it with either one. (That's not necessarily a shortcoming of the programs but more likely a shortcoming of their user manuals and my learning abilities.)

Last edited:
...I am glad you also planning to do so. This way people can see them individually on big screen PC, Laptop or TV, because from small ( 1/4 ) YT encoded video we may get not real results and confuse people.

Wasn't able to get to it last night but this morning I was. Not the same clips from my first sample which was almost entirely dark roads but still taken as the same time and location.

G1W-H

SG9665GC

Wasn't able to get to it last night but this morning I was. Not the same clips from my first sample which was almost entirely dark roads but still taken as the same time and location.

G1W-H

SG9665GC

I never tried to flip GC time to YY / MM/ DD, I always use DD / MM / YY, but I see in your day is 0001 ( 2015 / 04 / 0001 ) instead of just 01.
I have to try on mine tomorrow to see if changing to yy / mm/ dd the day will be 4-numbers.

I never tried to flip GC time to YY / MM/ DD, I always use DD / MM / YY, but I see in your day is 0001 ( 2015 / 04 / 0001 ) instead of just 01.
I have to try on mine tomorrow to see if changing to yy / mm/ dd the day will be 4-numbers.
I've already mentioned this to @jokiin. It's the same on both my GC's.

example:
will see if I can put together a tutorial for premier pro tonight if I get some time.

Within area of streetlights and on a small screen it is hard to see a difference, but at the end of the video when you drive into less-lit area, then obvious difference can be seen from background objects. Of coruse we can not fully judge both of them. G1W-H is good within its own price range, GC is from higher dashcam class.

Agree. GC is about 3 times the price of a G1W, if it performs worse than a G1W, then it will be an utter disappointment. Fortunately it's not.

**** I forgot, will get it done today.
ran out of time, had a few very busy days, will start on it tomorrow. I got the program open ready to do it but not enough time tonight.

here we go, tutorial, very basic, for doing it in Premier Pro 17. i'm sure you can get it if you don't have it.

here we go, tutorial, very basic, for doing it in Premier Pro 17. i'm sure you can get it if you don't have it.

excellent, I was showing the engineers your Blackvue v SG9665GC video and they loved it, they want to use the same method for when they're comparing firmware changes

i needed that, i have 18 pro

Back