SG9665GC vs SGZC12RC

Marc05

Reaction score
Country
United States
I need help deciding between these two dashcams. I'd like parking mode, but if I understand it correctly, that canbe achieved by usinng a Power Magic Pro on either cams. Are there any reasons to get one over the other?

If there are any other cameras around the same price range that would work out better, I'm open for suggestions. I need them to allow for high temperatures, and for them to be discrete.

Thanks.

Welcome to DCT. Both are discreet & heat-tolerant.

If you want GPS, buy SG9665GC. If you want pre-buffered Motion & G sensing, buy SGZC12RC.

As for alternatives, if you value 24/7/365 support & a no BS replacement warranty, then no there aren't any cameras that would work out better.

Last edited:
Welcome to DCT. Both are discreet & heat-tolerant.

If you want GPS, buy SG9665GC. If you want pre-buffered Motion & G sensing, buy SGZC12RC.

As for alternatives, if you value 24/7/365 support & a no BS replacement warranty, then no there aren't any cameras that would work out better.
Thank you. I will go with the SGZC12RC then. Other than the Power Magic Pro which I assume is necessary for parking mode, do I need to buy anything else to mount it (also, any recommended SD cards)? I was thinking behind the rear view mirror.

Thank you. I will go with the SGZC12RC then. Other than the Power Magic Pro which I assume is necessary for parking mode, do I need to buy anything else to mount it (also, any recommended SD cards)? I was thinking behind the rear view mirror.

When parked, I use a power bank. My SGZC12RC is set to function in pre-buffered motion sensing mode when driving & when parked. The use of motion detection while driving is not advisable for most cameras, however, it's entirely reliable with the SGZC12RC.

The camera is plugged into the 12v accessory socket. At the same time it's also plugged into my 5v Anker 13000mAH power bank.

With the SGZC12RC, sited next to it's 12v power socket is a Micro USB socket. It's primary purpose is as a factory service port. It's secondary use is as a 5v power input, as documented by @niko in several videos.

While driving, the camera is powered by the car's 12v supply. When I park & switch off the engine, I simultaneously press the power switch on the power bank, & the camera seamlessly continues recording. I've been doing this since June 2015 with no problems.

I use a Lexar 64GB Class 10, though I think that Transcend is the currently recommended choice.

When parked, I use a power bank. My SGZC12RC is set to function in pre-buffered motion sensing mode when driving & when parked. The use of motion detection while driving is not advisable for most cameras, however, it's entirely reliable with the SGZC12RC.

The camera is plugged into the 12v accessory socket. At the same time it's also plugged into my 5v Anker 13000mAH power bank.

With the SGZC12RC, sited next to it's 12v power socket is a Micro USB socket. It's primary purpose is as a factory service port. It's secondary use is as a 5v power input, as documented by @niko in several videos.

While driving, the camera is powered by the car's 12v supply. When I park & switch off the engine, I simultaneously press the power switch on the power bank, & the camera seamlessly continues recording. I've been doing this since June 2015 with no problems.

I use a Lexar 64GB Class 10, though I think that Transcend is the currently recommended choice.
Pics please! :) I'd love to see how you managed the parallel connection to simultaneously connect the camera to two power source.

Pics please! :) I'd love to see how you managed the parallel connection to simultaneously connect the camera to two power source.
Those are switchable power sources.

You may see all tests HERE.

Back