SG9665GCv3 microphone dropouts

jeep-tom

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Dash Cam
Street Guardian
Hi, I'm Tom and just entered the site as a new user with a problem.
I'm using my SG9665GCv3 in my 18 wheeler since February without problems until now.
Just watched a file cause another truck wanted to run me off the road and I've noticed that there are dropouts from the mic. Checked some other files and the same problem, no sound for a few seconds, then sound again for a second or so and again no sound.
Any known problems?

Can you try updating the firmware to the latest and testing again?

Do you have the EVA foam pad applied to the mount?

Can you try updating the firmware to the latest and testing again?

Do you have the EVA foam pad applied to the mount?

Haven't updated it yet, wanted to check if it's a known problem first.

No, I have no foam pad applied as it worked without problems all the time.

Please apply one piece of Eva foam to the mount to fill the space that slowly builds up over time that could potentially cause noises that over modulates the mic.

Update firmware.

Test again.

Definitely want to update the firmware to rule out any issues there, whatever the reason we're here to help you out and will get it sorted

Just watched a few files, it's not always, one file has no dropouts, the next day there are dropouts, then again no problems. And it's definitely not the road conditions, it happens on good surface and bad surface.
But I will try it and see the next days what happens.

Thank you!

Welcome to the forum tom, we need more of the nice truckers that make sure us other guys have all the cra,,,, stuff we want.
This apparent microphone issue i have not heard off before.

One way or another your SG camera will soon be fully operational again.(y)

Welcome to DCT @jeep-tom

Welcome to the forum tom, we need more of the nice truckers that make sure us other guys have all the cra,,,, stuff we want.
This apparent microphone issue i have not heard off before.

One way or another your SG camera will soon be fully operational again.(y)

Thank you guys for the welcome :)

I'm hauling mainly food in a temperature controlled reefer, so if anybody of you runs me off the road there will be a lack of fine steaks or produce or fruits anywhere :(

Made about 600 miles today and just checked about 10 files, no more dropouts.

The pad is on the mount and I made the firmware update.
And I had a really bad road today in Wisconsin, checked especially this file, nothing, perfect sound.
I will watch it over the next days and hope that the problem is solved!

There's another truck specific problem with the mount, don't know if I should open another thread or explain it here ??

Ok, the problem is the angle of the cam, With the slim mount it's just ok, I would prefer a bit more sky.
It's not possible to go higher with the lens.
And it's not possible to mount the filter, then it touches the windshield and is way too low.
With the thicker mount the angle of the lens is too low, I can mount the filter.
Is there any thicker mount available that the lens comes a bit more off the windshield?
I know other trucks where the windshield is more vertical, there you would only see the road and nearly no sky.
I have a Volvo VNL right now, but I had an older Peterbilt, there it wouldn't work with the cam.
Is there any adjustable mount available for the cam?

I have no youtube account, but here is an example, you can download it from my webspace:
http://www.elisa-and-tom.com/files/videos/2017_1210_113503_298.MOV

This is the highest angle I can go.
And the noise is from an open window ;)

Ok, the problem is the angle of the cam, With the slim mount it's just ok, I would prefer a bit more sky.
It's not possible to go higher with the lens.
And it's not possible to mount the filter, then it touches the windshield and is way too low.
With the thicker mount the angle of the lens is too low, I can mount the filter.
Is there any thicker mount available that the lens comes a bit more off the windshield?
I know other trucks where the windshield is more vertical, there you would only see the road and nearly no sky.
I have a Volvo VNL right now, but I had an older Peterbilt, there it wouldn't work with the cam.
Is there any adjustable mount available for the cam?

I have no youtube account, but here is an example, you can download it from my webspace:
http://www.elisa-and-tom.com/files/videos/2017_1210_113503_298.MOV

This is the highest angle I can go.
And the noise is from an open window ;)

The new 2018 SGGCX2 just released (unofficially "SG9665GC V4") can swing the lens a FULL 90 degrees for true verticle windows. It's much better for truckers. The new tooling was redesigned to enhance aim options to be a bit higher where needed.
How old is your unit? If it's brand new I can possibly work out some kind of upgrade swap for you.

The new 2018 SGGCX2 just released (unofficially "SG9665GC V4") can swing the lens a FULL 90 degrees for true verticle windows. It's much better for truckers. The new tooling was redesigned to enhance aim options to be a bit higher where needed.
How old is your unit? If it's brand new I can possibly work out some kind of upgrade swap for you.

It's not brand new, I bought the cam last February :(

Yeah that are a bit on the low side for sure, the GC can easy handle a 50/50 split on the horizon.

There are some multi compatible suction cup mount that's normally meant for radar detectors, i think that have worked good for people with creative or special needs.

cdf75058-163d-47cc-bc34-7c721761bcd4_1.jpg

https://www.buyradardetectors.com/arkon-bt010.html

It's not brand new, I bought the cam last February :(

Ah yes, that's right you explained the long history originally. Well, @jokiin just said a new mount is coming soon. I'm happy to send you one when they become available. Check in with us again in about 6 weeks.

Some things just have to take a back seat, im a early retired Dane so i have to flip my pennies for about 20 years when i become full pensioner and get even less in pension so i have to make a decision then about what i want to do.
But right now its not super bad, and things will lighten in a year or so time when i have paid the bank for what i owe for my little Suzuki car.

Some things just have to take a back seat, im a early retired Dane so i have to flip my pennies for about 20 years when i become full pensioner and get even less in pension so i have to make a decision then about what i want to do.
But right now its not super bad, and things will lighten in a year or so time when i have paid the bank for what i owe for my little Suzuki car.

You're right, some things have to wait.
I'm originally from Germany, lived in Canada for 3+ years and now in the States since 4.5 years.
Just moved into my new home 2 weeks ago with wife, 2 dogs and 3 cats.
A dream came true, I would never have had the chance to buy a house in Germany, but I have to work hard for the dream :rolleyes:

Back