SG9665GCv3 microphone dropouts

Yeah you gotta work for it, a knowlege some here seem to lack, i know people that are now in the mid 50ties and they have worked a few week's in total.

I have worked full time since the middle of 10 grade, but the health gave up when i was 47 or so, and i am lucky cuz its not totally bad with me, some people here get work training and have to bring a bed to work so they can rest 4 hours at the work place and then work a hour or so, and that's better than giving them early pension like i get.

Sadly i made a lot of wrong decisions when i was younger, or i would probably have been living in Australia or maybe the US by now.
But if i win big in the lotto, they will not be able to see my ass for the soles of my feet as i run out of here, always felt best most at ease when working outside Denmark.

I left Germany when I was 50 to work in Canada as a truck driver, fortunately I was lucky and I won a Green Card in the diversity lottery after my wife and I noticed after the first trips to the US that we would rather liver here than in Canada. I took 3 years till they draw me.

My biggest mistake was not to come here earlier in my life.

Okay :eek:

I am 51, and i have the license for the big rigs too, but i doubt my back would like all the hours in the seat. ( never used that license just got it for free )
I know longer rides in my little car are a pain for sure, 5 - 6 hours and i practically roll out of the little car ( im 1.9 M tall )
I have worked all over the world, except Africa and south of the Antarctic Circle, former Sailor and even engineer on smaller ships too.

Furthest south i have been are Buenos aires in Argentina, and the furthest north are way up the west coast of Greenland, and i was in Russia in August 1991 when communism died, kinda ironic as my farther was / are still a commie.

Furthest south i have been are Buenos aires in Argentina, and the furthest north are way up the west coast of Greenland, and i was in Russia in August 1991 when communism died, kinda ironic as my farther was / are still a commie.
need to come down under so we can show ya how us Aussies do things here mate.

You guys are at the top of my list, might even not change if it is winter down there, cuz your winter are not like Danish winter, at least not if i skim the Northern parts.

The 2 hour layover in Sydney and the 1.5 days in Fremantle back in 98 was just a appetizer.

Ah yes, that's right you explained the long history originally. Well, @jokiin just said a new mount is coming soon. I'm happy to send you one when they become available. Check in with us again in about 6 weeks.

Is there meanwhile another (better) mount available?

Here is the new suction cup mount.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/suction-cup-mount-for-sg9665gc.13400/post-398804

Private message me your details I’ll send one as promised.

I'm sorry for the late thank you, got the new mount! Wasn't at home till last week of June and then I had two weeks off and a big honey do list at home.
Put the mount finally in last Sunday, works fine. Just a little bit swinging, I think the truck has much more vibrations than a usual car.

What I've noticed today, there was an accident in front of me and the guy who rear ended the other car left the scene. I got him a few miles later and pushed the save button to save the license plate. Now I just wanted to see the other files from the accident and noticed that the camera didn't record anything till I pushed the button. The last files were from Sunday Before I changed the mount. Seems the camera didn't start recording after I switched it on.
Had this once when our shop changed my batteries and the camera was out of power.
Will do the latest firmware update and hope it was just a glitch.

Just a little bit swinging
''You will need to install the EVA foam in between the camera and the mount, otherwise it can be or become shaky.

I have not heard about a car ( American ) shaking so bad it affect footage, unless ! its retrofitted with a SOB big block, or a array of sub woofers. :)

''You will need to install the EVA foam in between the camera and the mount, otherwise it can be or become shaky.

I have not heard about a car ( American ) shaking so bad it affect footage, unless ! its retrofitted with a SOB big block, or a array of sub woofers. :)

I installed the foam ;)
I think the swinging comes from the big windshield, you won't believe how you feel potholes in a big truck. It was a bit before too, that was from my big blog 13 Liter Diesel engine. I can live with that, no problem. When I see videos from other trucks mine is pretty good :cool:

Your memory card could be going bad if you have recording issues. Update the firmware either way.

Perform a long full format using this utility to reset the card
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

Then run this long test: Memory card test software
(format card in-camera after you're all done testing)

Either way, cards will wear out at some point and should be replaced. Samsung EVO U3, or the new Sandisk Ultra "A1" cards are the best bang for the buck.

never been in a big truck, nearest must be my friends 1985 Dodge ram charger,,,,, and over that i will prefer the 2.5 L TD Mitsubishi pickup i once owned, even disregarding the fact the old ram charger is a heap of scrap metal on wheels.

If i won the lottery, sure i would buy a big truck, ill even take it super heavy and largely firearm and IED proof, and i would drive that 15 Ton sucker every day and drive people insane.

When I've done the long format, can I use the card in the camera right away or should it be formatted in the camera again?

Edit:
Sorry, just seen it ;)

Last edited:
format in the camera before use, if it's larger than 32GB the camera will prompt that anyway

Sorry, have seen it, I'm a but stressed today, had a tire blowout half an hour before my receiver. Ripped off fender, fuel tank damaged, fortunately not leaking.
Receiver left 20 minutes before I arrived, now waiting for a new appointment. Time to run the long format ;)

Back