SG9665SG dosnt turn on during first startup

Accident

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Sg9665gc v3
I was wondering if it is normal for the SG9665GC v3 not to turn on automatically during first startup in the morning. Its -20C this morning and after driving for 5 minutes i noticed it wasnt on, i pushed the power button and the power light turned on and the street guardian logo appears and starts recording. The rest of the day i have no issues, i start the vehicle, the street guardian turns on by itself and records. This only happens after the vehicle sits overnight. Dashcam SG9665GC V3, hardwired to accessory with recommended cell power kit with add a fuse. Firmware up to date

Its a gasser f150. I just checked the ground and the fused tap. Ground should be good i crimped it to a fork end and put it right under the existing grounding bolt next to the fusebox. I also checked the crimp and connections at the fuse/add a fuse.

Looks like im 1 firmware update back i will report here once i update and let the vehicle sit overnight

We have a lot of Canada customers and Street Guardian products have been very reliable through multiple winters. Keep an eye on how things go and if you still need further help with any issue please private message Rob who runs
@Street Guardian Canada

Another suggestion for troubleshooting is to manually plug in the cigarette power cord for a few days to see if you can reproduce.

By the way, the male plug of the included power supply can be cut off if you want to use the included power supply as your hard wire power supply. The 12V/5V conversion happens in the small square box in-line up the cable a bit. (Male plug is hollow inside)

I like having the cigarette charger as a just in case the hardwire kit fails. I originally had a spytec hardwire kit that failed on me and used the cigarette as my supply until the cell power came. This is my first dashcam and i already want to upgrade to the 2 channel street guardian. Im just waiting untill the parking mode comes out and to see if it compatible with the cellink battery. I appreciate the vid quality on the street guardians and of course the support it has. The SG9665GC v3 will be moved to my wifes vehicle that isnt used as often once the parking mode on the SG9663DC is released

We should have more info on the pending SGDCHW parking mode hard wire kit in a few more weeks. We definitely have quite a few customers excited for its launch. I get daily emails asking about it. [emoji4]

I found it strange as well. It only happens first thing in the morning then it performs flawlessly the remainder of the day. I just pluged it onto the cigarette power to see if it still occurs in the morning.

power supply is the usual culprit for cold start issues, memory card can also cause this issue although that's less common

Its a gasser f150.

[QUOTE="Accident, post: 399873, member: 47780"I just pluged it onto the cigarette power to see if it still occurs in the morning.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure your cigarette port is only hot when the engine starts? Many Ford's have an always hot cig port. (remains energized even with the ignition off) You won't want to leave it recording all night if that's the case. If it's always hot, just manually plug in the cig adapter when you get in cold.

Yeah have a little spare wire in the PSU end of the wire and then put it on the driver seat when you leave the car.
This way its more or less impossible to forget plugging in the thing.

Its a messy approach, but for narrowing down problems for a few days it will be fine.

PS. in so glad Denmark are finally reaping its global positioning benefits as temperatures have finally gone up ( not that we ever saw -20 this winter ) very soon we will have our first 20 degree day, the sun even been out the past days with only a little cloud cover.

Using the supplied cigarette power,which does turn off with ignition just timed I started my truck and nothing. I unpluged the cigarette cord and pluged it back in then it booted up.

Thank you for the help ill send him a pm

Back