SG96663DC Vs. SG9663DCPRO

TCK81

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DCTEAM
I notice the PRO version on SG's website. What is the difference? There hasn't been any information posted about it anywhere.

Throw me a little off track too, but only N gauge track.
I assume the SG0663DCPRO are the new DC with IMX 291 in both ends, the old non PRO only have the IMX 323 in the rear.

Street Guardian, we 1 up our self too :giggle:

Will there be an upgrade package for non-PRO owners?

it is possible to change the rear camera on the DC to the DCPRO rear camera, there is a different firmware to enable that, we don't have any upgrade kit as such though as I suspect most users wouldn't want to buy another camera just for this

I would not upgrade my rear ( camera or otherwise ) i don't feel it is needed, what is there now do a okay job.
BUT ! if i was to buy a new camera then the IMX291 all around would be on the wish list.

What has changed with that new CPL filter?

I think the glass are the same, but the mount have been changed a little bit.

Neat, I noticed you added a mesh cable and plastic shroud. What does the mesh cover (26) help to do? Keep all the wires together for a neater install? Any chance you have photos?

Edit: Can I also ask about any modifications (if any) you made to the heat resistance of the SG9663DC compared to the Viofo A129 DUO? For example, does the SG have a metal lens holder and plastic on the A1229 DUO? Thanks.

616Rxzm524L._SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:
26 is a cable cover, can be useful to make any exposed wires look neater, we may have a photo of that somewhere

we use metal lens and lens base, I'm not familiar with what the A129 uses, it's from a different supplier

Back