SG966DC + Hardwire kit + Cellink Neo, randomly beeping and switching to parking mode mid-drive

glowstix047

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi guys,

So I have my SG966DC hooked up with the hardwire kit to my Cellink Neo in my 2013 Subaru Impreza. I've got a Samsung PRO Endurance Micro SDXC Card 128 GB running in the camera and I'm finding that sometimes after I return to the car and drive, the SG966DC is beeping to indicate it's switching between parking mode and normal mode.

Any idea on how I can start to troubleshoot this?

What version firmware are you currently running, have you updated to the latest recent release?

Are you using the Cellink Neo optional Unspliced Hardwire kit to get a 3-wire connection direct to the SGDCHW hardwire kit?
1573892098646.png

Just updated it. Also just realised dip switch was on the 11.8v setting so now I've swapped it to the 12.4V setting.

Pretty sure it's on the 3 wire connection from the cellink neo to the hardwire kit.

IMG_20191116_193601_MP.jpg

Yes check memory card too, you want your dashcam to be like your girl, just sit there and be quiet. :whistle:

check your memory card also, random beeps while driving can indicate a card problem

What's the best way to check my memory card? It usually records fine but Ive never checked it after it beeps randomly as I didn't realise it was switching between normal mode and parking mode.

Also any 128gb memory card you would recommend?

Use SD Formatter and select “overwrite” option. Do it twice in a row. Format in-camera after that.

Sandisk High Endurance U3 or Samsung EVO Select U3 cards world great. Make sure it’s shipped and sold by amazon (not a third party) if buying on Amazon.

Glad I find this post! About to install the hardware kit to the neo cellink later this week. Hope all will end well.

Nice. :cool:
Memory cards are always the #1 thing people should look at if they have issues, also one of the easiest things to test, formatting with the software above, or test it with H2testw.
I personally have a Adata endurance, that is brand new, not even been full 1 time, it did not work in 1 dashcam,,,,, it work fine in my osmo action camera, it did not work in another dashcam,,,, i assume it still would work in my action camera.
And i have also run it over with sdformatter.

Also got one of the new Samsung Cards that display the same issue, though here it did work and fill the 256GB in my Viofo A229, but then shortly after filling up it started to error in the camera, it also work fine in my action camera, and with its +100 MB/s read & write speds it are of course plenty fast for what any dashcam can dish out.

Nice. :cool:
Memory cards are always the #1 thing people should look at if they have issues, also one of the easiest things to test, formatting with the software above, or test it with H2testw.
I personally have a Adata endurance, that is brand new, not even been full 1 time, it did not work in 1 dashcam,,,,, it work fine in my osmo action camera, it did not work in another dashcam,,,, i assume it still would work in my action camera.
And i have also run it over with sdformatter.

Also got one of the new Samsung Cards that display the same issue, though here it did work and fill the 256GB in my Viofo A229, but then shortly after filling up it started to error in the camera, it also work fine in my action camera, and with its +100 MB/s read & write speds it are of course plenty fast for what any dashcam can dish out.
If you are talking about the blue card from Samsung I will be getting them in few weeks since the green card Evo is not in stock. Hopefully there will be no issue with them. Will use H2testw for sure once it arrive. :>

No it was the "smaller" white one i got, EVO something i think it is called, but sibling to the new blue card.

I better test it in my action camera today ( dji osmo action 4K/60 100 mbit, so hit cards much harder than dashcam do ) so if it do not play ball i have to get a RMA case going. only had it a fewe weeks, but it have mainly just collected dust here.

Testing H2testw my old adata card, out of the boc it had like 1/3 - 1/ 4 of the speed it was supposed to have, but sdformatter restored that or at least made it a lot faster to where i can not see read / write speed would be a problem.
But dashcams are funny, i had a daqshcam that on full tilt write maybe 5 MB/s MAX, but a card with a 30 MB/s write speed did not work in it, but another card with a 45 MB/s write speed did work.

Back in the day i had some kingston cards, and in one camera one of them just would not work well, but any other similar card ( brand / model / size ) worked just fine, and the problem card also worked just fine in other cameras,,,,,,, go figure :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back