SGDCHW - no output power / camera not turning on

Trevordct

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have the SG9663DC installed and working with the supplied AUX socket power unit.
I also have the SGDCHW but I have connected it up and the camera is not powering on.
Long story short I am not using the parking mode and no easy access to permanent battery supply.

I have connected up ACC+ to the AUX supply lead and negative lead to metalwork but the yellow battery+ lead is NOT connected and when ignition on the camera does not power on.

I have checked the voltage from AUX power to GND and show just under 15v when ignition is on.
I have tried moving the battery cutoff switch on the off chance but still no power
I tried connecting the yellow battery+ lead to the AUX supply and still nothing.
I have also plugged the original AUX power unit back in and the camera powers on so I know the camera works.

I have one final check to make sure the GND lead is definately in contact with the metalwork but am 99.9% sure its not going to be that, that is causing the issue.

So is it a requirement that both acc+ and battery+ must be connected to enable the unit to power the camera?
Are there any other tests I can perform to confirm if the SGDCHW is at fault?

Thanks
Trevor

P.S. I have done some searching through the threads here but could not find anything, happy if someone can point me to a valid thread

Ok I had to splice both Power and ACC together as I can't get to the fuse box as its inside the engine bay and sealed against water.

I made an assumption that each wire would be capable of providing power to the camera. I had checked manual prior to asking the question here but it does not say you must connect both wires for the system to work, I appreciate there would be an expectation people would do that. In this instance its not my car so did not know accessing the fuse box would not be possible or I would have altered the hardwire solution.

Anyway I appreciate the 14 minute response time :)

Back