SGGCX2 2018 (V4) Edition - possible to add Parking Mode?

4kpwncake

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi everyone,

I'm buying a new car and fitting it with the GCX2 2018 (V4) Edition but I'd really like to add Parking mode to it! I know that the other Street Guardian models come with hardwire kits that allow the addition of Parking Mode, but is it possible to add it for the GCX2 2018 V4 version? I can't seem to find the right identifier for the hardwire kit that will allow for this.

Ah crap. Well thanks for confirming that.

I have experimented a little with mine using motion detection, have two set up as side cameras. I like how it detects movement off to the side of the image a bit, my thinkware requires movement in the center only. So far I have only tested the X2 with the default settings, I end up with a lot of false recordings, 4 hours of video in an 8 hour sitting. Though I have mine hard wired, I installed a toggle switch to turn them off when parked for now. At least till when I have time to tinker with the settings. There is also a possibility the new DR will be going in their place.

Now to hunt down the video where a police car almost cut in front of me. Later

I think @4kpwncake will be better off snaggin up one of the new GCX2PRO up, that one are basically just a DC without the rear camera which can be added later down the road if he like.
And as it is same hardware as the DC it should enjoy the same parking mode features too.
And price wise i dont think its far from the GCX2 anyway, and then you have the option to transform it into a dual channel.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/sggcx2pro.280/

Ah, I forgot about the X2 pro. I thought about getting one instead the second X2, but haven't seen one for sale here yet. The only ones on the SG site and amazon are DC, X2 and the XS.

Stuck at the hotel carless. Wife took it to the mall to buy a belt with funeral starting in 21 minutes.

you wont see me at funerals, i might be able to do my mothers ( which i hope are soon cuz she are miserable ) and my father, but other than that i wouldn't even be there for my own if i had anything to say about that.

Got in a argument with some of my former acquaintances when a common "friend"of ours did a OD on drugs, then they bitched about me not going to his funeral, and i was like "dude i have smoked a little weed with him and drunk some beer, i have never been to his place, he have never been to my place".
"Hell i dont even know here he live, and beside he turned into a fecking junkie and then killed himself, how much do you think i can be about that"

Maybe thats what made another of my acquaintances snap, cus he got hold of a sawed off shotgun loaded with bird shot, and then whent to the pusher that sold the guy the drugs and then tried to shoot him from 5 M awau with a sawed off and bird shot :rolleyes:
Dude went to jail for that and in there got picked up by Hells Angles :censored:

Back