SGGCX2 and clock time?

FYI, it currently kind of works for some people

Thanks everybody for discussion on this topic. What sparked my initial question was this statement in the Setting section of the user manual: "[Note] The DVR does not contain a battery and will need to be connected to a power source to configure settings." I guess Street Guardian doesn't count the clock battery.

Thanks everybody for discussion on this topic. What sparked my initial question was this statement in the Setting section of the user manual: "[Note] The DVR does not contain a battery and will need to be connected to a power source to configure settings." I guess Street Guardian doesn't count the clock battery.

for the purpose of adjusting settings the RTC cell does nothing, the RTC only powers the clock, nothing else

for the purpose of adjusting settings the RTC cell does nothing, the RTC only powers the clock, nothing else
I understand, but the statement in the manual that the device doesn't have a battery is confusing with respect to the clock.

When most newcomers read battery, they often thing cool than the camera have a battery and can record parking mode off that.
But dashcams never had batteries, or rather some do but they have never been for operating the camera longer than properly closing the last recording in the event of a crash where camera can get dislodged from power source, or the car on its own shut down the power grid in the event of a crash.
BUT ! those battery cameras often have the batteries fail as lipo batteries have limits on the environmental loads they can handle well ( temperatures ) and so they fail, some times catastrophic and so become a fire hazard.
So the recommendation are to look for capacitor based cameras as they can do the same and handle temperatures better without becoming a ticking firebomb in your car.

The little RTC batteries only power the clock circuit in the camera, i am not sure what kind they are lipo maybe mercury or something third, but they are very small and of no concern.
There have been cases of the little RTC batteried in dashcams and even GPS mouse antennas fail / no longer work, so in that case the camera will have a hard time keeping your time settings, and in the case of a GPS mouse it will have longer FIX times as its memory get wiped every time you cut power.

Back