SGGCX2 options for switching between vehicles

Joker45

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, I’ve never had a dash cam before but after doing my due diligence in researching the various cams available, I think I have settled on the SGGCX2. I don’t require a rear camera and from what I can tell the X2’s video quality seems to have as good or better than most. I’m more concerned with a high quality image then voice features etc. plus a two year warranty is great. Unless you all have a better option in cameras.

One question I have is means the gps unit is not intergrated into the actual camera, how do you go about changing it between vehicles? I know that I’d have to pick up probably the newer suction cup mount and an extra power cord but what about gps? From what I can tell from the install instructions, the dash or window mount gps unit isn’t easily moved. Especially with wire routing. So a second gps unit?

I wouldn’t be changing vehicles all the time but it’s an option I’d like to have without having to buy a dedicated dash cam for an occasional use vehicle.

Is this even practical for this dash cam or would I be better off looking at different cams or a complete second camera system? I haven’t checked prices for an extra power supply cord or gps unit so I’m not sure how close it would be to just buying a second one.

We do offer spare GPS loggers. If you order a SGGCX2 direct from our main web site I’ll toss in a free spare one since you asked about this in detail.

Send me a private message or email and I’ll work out a complete bundle for you.

-Jon

it's not compulsory to use the GPS, we do have some people that will use it in a second vehicle sans GPS, spares are readily available though if you did want to set a second vehicle up to use with the camera

I bought extras and can swap between vehicles if necessary. It turns out it’s rarely necessary :)

Pm sent Jon. Thanks for the quick reply. Thanks to you also jokiin. Between the two of you, responses couldn’t be much faster!

Thanks Deacon. I don’t see me switching a lot. But I’d like to be able to do so once in awhile for sure.

Thank you Jon! Look forward to hooking it up.

Pm sent Jon. Thanks for the quick reply. Thanks to you also jokiin. Between the two of you, responses couldn’t be much faster!

You, like many others, have just found out that these guys are the best in the customer service field.

Back