kandrey89

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Panorama X2, GoPro 3/3+ Black
Hi,

Question regarding this video:

This guy seems to be installing the 12V dashcam using a spliced cable to a 5V USB port. Is the cable provided with the dashcam an actual converter from 12V to 5V and the dashcam USB port expecting 5V?

Thanks

Hi,

Question regarding this video:

This guy seems to be installing the 12V dashcam using a spliced cable to a 5V USB port. Is the cable provided with the dashcam an actual converter from 12V to 5V and the dashcam USB port expecting 5V?

Thanks

he wasn't installing a 12v dashcam, he was installing a 5v dashcam so he has cut the cig plug off which has the 12v to 5v convertor inside and has then connected a USB cable end to plug into his cars USB port, basically all he has done is chopped up a power cable to make a long USB cable

And with the spare cable length tied up with a zip tie i wounder why he dident cut it down to prefect no excess cable size.

Thanks, I figured that the 12V-5V converter must have been in that small box in the cable, but the actual cig plug itself I believe is empty based on something I read in the forums here.

Thanks, I figured that the 12V-5V converter must have been in that small box in the cable, but the actual cig plug itself I believe is empty based on something I read in the forums here.
For our camera yes that is correct, the one in the video isn't one of ours though

Back