sggcx2 Shutdown file corrupt

Brent.

Reaction score
Country
United States
My last video file is unreadable/corrupt. Tried 4 different power supplies with no change. Brand new Samsung Pro Endurance 128gb microsd card. Did it with my previous card as well. Latest firmware update from Street Guardian website. Applied firmware several different times to see if any change. Followed firmware instructions to the T. Only time I could get it to work is by resetting to default settings 3 times in a row after formatting the card, but it doesn't last. Is there a fix for this?

It sounds like something happened to the supercapacitor which helps close the file being recorded as the camera shuts down. I'll private message you some repair/upgrade options.
(assuming this is well over 2 years ago, since this is the SGGCX2 and not SGGCX2PRO/SGGCX2PRO+
Check your dashcamtalk inbox.

Yeah that do sound like a bad capacitor, not often you hear of those crapping out in any brand camera.

Yeah that do sound like a bad capacitor, not often you hear of those crapping out in any brand camera.

If it was the capacitor, why would applying the default settings 3 times after reformatting the card make it work correctly for a while?

If it was the capacitor, why would applying the default settings 3 times after reformatting the card make it work correctly for a while?
when the camera turns off do the LED's go out after a few seconds, or they go out as soon as power is cut?

then the capacitors should be ok, something else at play here, bit hard to be sure without seeing it though

I may switch the dashcams around and run it in my wife's car for a while just to see if does the same thing there.

Seem like i had a bout of selective reading again :rolleyes:

Way back in the day the SGGCX2 test sample i got from SG also backed itself into a corner ( cant remember the symptoms ) but reloading the firmware fixed that for good.

when the camera turns off do the LED's go out after a few seconds, or they go out as soon as power is cut?

Seem like i had a bout of selective reading again :rolleyes:

Way back in the day the SGGCX2 test sample i got from SG also backed itself into a corner ( cant remember the symptoms ) but reloading the firmware fixed that for good.
I've tried that a few times with no change.

Yeah seem like you have something else going on over there.
If push come to shove i still have my SGGCX2 test sample.

I guess I could try the previous firmware version, but if it's a firmware glitch it's probably there too.

I dont think that would work,,,, on the problem, but it is something VS trying nothing.

If SG dont have somthing for you you can work with my old camera are still eager to serve someone rather than sit in a box or where ever i have put it, so sending it across the pond will be no problem.

I dont think that would work,,,, on the problem, but it is something VS trying nothing.

If SG dont have somthing for you you can work with my old camera are still eager to serve someone rather than sit in a box or where ever i have put it, so sending it across the pond will be no problem.
I appreciate that! I'm going to try a couple more things and see what happens first. Hate to just give up on it too soon.

I thought that I had it figured out. I did learn that all 3 lights at the top should stay on then fade out if it's working correctly. The record, power, and mic lights. In trying the firmware upgrade again, I did get it to work for a little while, but then it went back to just the power and mic lights fading out on shutoff. With that scenario, the last file is always corrupted. When I had all 3 staying on then fading out with power off, the last file was fine. It's obviously got some electronics issues that can't be resolved.

I just private messaged you a replacement option. (check your dashcamtalk inbox)
Thank you for the offer! I've already ordered a different dash cam for a replacement to try out. If it doesn't work out, I'll reconsider another Street Guardian.

Back