SGGCX2 Vs GT65EX

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Putting the Guard Trak GT65EX up against the street guardian SGGCX2, premier single channel slug fest.

Warning ! SGGCX2 with experimental lens

Pick your own favorite, request welcome,,,,,,, FIGHT !

The GT65EX seems to have a hair more detail in contrasty areas (lights in buildings, lit trees against night sky) but they are astoundingly similar and almost impossible to tell apart. Good job on setting them up with such comparable settings and placement to get a video such as this.

I am about to go get some daytime footage, not sunny here ATM but at least we just passed noon.
And i also managed to get 3 hours of sleep, so good chance i can keep it on the road when i go back home tonight.

More to come.

They are again close but the X2 is showing more detail. The difference is more than I would even expect for daytime, when it is easier for cameras to capture detail. The X2 resolves the license plates and other details better when there is movement as well. On the whole the difference is not night and day (bad pun) but more of a difference than your previous night video. Thanks again!

Yes, please note this SGGCX2 are fitted with a non standard lens, the camera came this way to me from Street Guardian, so i assume it have been doing a little in house testing before it got shipped out to me.

Is the GT65EX a near-identical camera for a different market?

The 65EX feel very familiar :)

Just ordered the SGGCX2! Hope it works out! :D

Remember to sign up for your 2 year warranty and firmware update notifications before you cover the serial number.

The capacitor.

Just out of curiosity what is the 1%? ;)

just some minor tweaks, stuff that would have happened if the V3 went to another production run, most production runs have some minor improvement, eg for this production the car charger was updated to a stronger fitting, little stuff like that

Hi jokiin! I need some help with updating the firmware of my SG9665GC V3 Dash Cam. I opened up streetguardian.info/suppport.
Clicked on firmware and then on SG9665GCV3-Firmware Update. Underneath was the number 20180323. I saved the file: sg9665GC_V3_Update_6.zip to my desktop, or tried to. Tried several time but the file never showed up on my desktop! It seems like that the file is not downloading? I followed the same process with my X2PRO dash cam and was able to install the new firmware without trouble. One more thing: is there any place that shows, what the new firmware should be for a particular dash cam? Thanks.

I'm going to upload a newer version later today so maybe hold off for the moment, will post a link back here when it's done

Back